Whether it is your traditional banana bread or a wild card banana bread they all taste amazing! I love trying different add-ins, and some of my most popular recipes and most favorites are below for you to try too!!
Delicious and moist banana bread is the perfect snack any time of the day! Made with pantry staples and some sour cream for extra delicious banana bread!
Salted Caramel Banana Bread
Homemade Banana Bread swirled with gorgeous homemade salted caramel is baked to perfection. This easy yet fabulous banana bread recipe will be your new go-to banana quick bread. Perfect for an afternoon snack, a cheeky breakfast or a homemade gift for friends and family!
Oat Flour Banana Bread
Oat Flour Banana Bread is made with Gluten Free oats, butter, and Greek yogurt, you will love this Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe. An easy quick bread, this banana bread recipe with oat flour is made in minutes. A simple treat you can feel good about giving your family!
Cookie Butter Banana Bread
Get ready to fall in love with this cookie butter banana bread recipe. The warm flavors of cookie butter compliment the classic banana bead beautifully. Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this banana bread.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Delicious and moist this cinnamon swirl banana bread is the perfect snack any time of the day!
Apple Banana Bread
This moist and delicious apple banana bread is easy to make and loved by all. Step-by-step photos teach you how to make this quick bread recipe. Warm cinnamon and apples give banana bread a delicious fall flavor.
Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
Delicious chocolate swirl banana bread. Made with melted chocolate this banana bread is not only gorgeous to look at, your belly will love it too!
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
Delicious, moist, and tender, this Strawberry Banana Bread is filled with loads of fresh strawberries for a sweet spin on the classic quick bread! Step-by-step photos help you bake this scrumptious strawberry bread recipe!
Almond Flour Banana Bread
Almond flour banana bread is soft, tender, and full of bananas! This quick-bread recipe is the perfect afterschool snack, lunchtime treat or toasted with butter for a naughty breakfast!
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
Deliciously moist this cream cheese banana bread is full of bananas and a luscious swirl of cream cheese for an extra surprise treat! This easy quick bread recipe will be your new favorite snack!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe is delicious and moist banana bread filled with a generous serving of chocolate chunks to make sure you have chocolate in every bite. This quick bread recipe is the perfect afterschool snack, lunchtime treat, or toasted with butter for a naughty breakfast!
Banana Walnut Bread
Full of flavor this easy recipe for banana walnut bread uses extra butter and sour cream for an incredibly flavorful, rich quick bread! Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this bread!
Blueberry Banana Bread
You're going to love this blueberry banana bread recipe. Step by step photos teach you how to bake this simple quick bread recipe.
Carrot Pineapple Banana Loaf Cake
This delicious carrot banana loaf cake is easy to make. This cake is filled with crushed pineapple for another layer of sweetness then topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting and roasted nuts. Step-by-step photos teach out how to make this carrot pineapple banana bread.
Pineapple Banana Bread
Moist Banana Bread is studded with pineapple chunks to create a tropical twist on classic banana bread. You will love this recipe for a mid-morning snack! Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this pineapple banana bread recipe.
Banana Bread Ingredients
- Very Ripe Bananas. The bananas play a couple of roles in the bread so make sure you use enough. They mostly add to the sweetness and moistness of the bread and of course their flavor! You can use a potato masher to mash them or I put them in a stand mixer for easily mashed bananas.
- Unsalted Butter. Most of the time the butter needs to be melted and slightly cooled.
- Sugars. Often, I like to use a combination of white granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Large Eggs. For your eggs to properly blend with the rest of the ingredients make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Measure with your heart! Vanilla pairs beautifully with banana and chocolate!
- Sour Cream. You can also use full-fat plain Greek Yogurt this moisture bomb helps really tenderize the banana bread.
- All-Purpose Flour. Also known as plain flour. Make sure you measure properly and don't overmix the batter once you add the flour. This can cause gluten to form and create tough banana bread.
- Chemical Leavening Agents. Sometimes the recipe calls for both baking soda and baking powder. The baking soda needs to be activated by an acid- the sour cream and brown sugar act as that for us but it's not enough so we use some baking powder that is already activated.
- Dutch-process Cocoa Powder. I much prefer to use Dutch-processed cocoa powder in my baking because it is a stronger, smoother chocolate flavor. The acidity has been stripped, unlike natural cocoa powder which is acidic.
- Salt. Don't skip it, salt enhances the flavor profiles of all of the other ingredients.
- Chocolate. You can use chocolate chips or cut-up chocolate bars or chocolate chunks. I use a combination of milk chocolate and semi-sweet or dark chocolate!
How do I make bananas ripen faster
Sometimes you want banana bread before your bananas have ripened, you can expedite the ripening by placing the bananas on a baking tray and baking them for 20 minutes at 350F/180C. The bananas will ripen, most likely turning black, let them cool before removing the skin.
If you have a bit more time you can place the bananas in a brown paper bag on the counter for a day so that the bananas can produce ethylene gas to ripen quicker.