Bananas Foster Banana Bread Recipe takes your Banana Bread to the next level with an extra brown sugar glaze and rum!
Last week I had a crazy week, well okay I lied- the last few weeks. But last week was nuts. Normal for me. Anyways on Thursday night I wanted to make some banana bread. I started baking at about 11pm and just made a bananas foster base for the bread. I planned on keeping it that way but on Friday I was headed to a Pinterest Party and wanted to jazz it up a bit so I made a bananas foster sauce to pour on top and let it soak into the bread. Welcome Bananas Foster Banana Bread.
This banana bread is great with or without the bananas foster soak. But my middle name is Bailey, so naturally I went with over the top 😉
Everyone loved this, including my bestest friends. So make this, quick, delicious, boozy bread!
While eating this I thought to myself a great idea, Elizabeth! I loved this bread. I also loved dipping pieces in a bowl of bananas foster sauce. I have a feeling that you would too.
Please let me know if you make this Bananas Foster Banana Bread Recipe by leaving a review below!Print
- 200 grams (1 Cup) Brown Sugar
- 4oz (1 stick) Butter
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Heavy Cream
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Rum
- 1 Teaspoon Banana Extract
- 1 ½ cup mashed banana (2-3)
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Banana Extract
- ⅓ cup Chobani Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 150 grams (¾ Cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Rum
- ½ teaspoon banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium saucepan cook brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, rum, banana extract and mashed bananas. Cook until all fully incorporated and let cook for an extra 2 minutes. Pour mixture into a large heatproof bowl and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla and whisk in eggs.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold into wet ingredients. Once no flour streaks remain to fold in greek yogurt. Add sliced bananas on top and this is optional but I sprinkle brown sugar and a little butter on top before baking. Bake for 50-60 minutes- stick a toothpick inside to test for the wet batter.
- In a small saucepan mix together butter. brown sugar, heavy cream, rum and banana extract. Once fully combined cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then you can slice the bread into the pan of poke holes in the bread and then pour the sauce on top and let it soak in.
Keywords: boozy baking, banana bread recipe, quick bread recipe, banana foster recipe, rum banana bread