These past 2 1/2 weeks have been mental! I took on the position of General Manager for two restaurants. Boy have I been busy! I absolutely love being organized and things are not at the restaurants- well they are getting there! Needless to say the blog has been on the back burner :/ I aways have post scheduled but those posts all went out already. Oops! But today is Easter/My birthday so I decided to take some ME time and write a blog post! LOL
Tomorrow (well today when this post goes live) I will be visiting Glen Ivy Hot Springs for a fabulous spa day with all my best girlfriends! Except kitty kat in nyc! 🙁 I will also be receiving a facial! WOO HOO!! And because I have serious baking issues I have decided to ask everyone over for breakfast before we head to the spa. I will be making bagel bombs and these babies! I love cinnamon rolls and this dough is honestly spectacular I LOVE IT!!!
This sweet bread/roll was delicious. Seriously I found myself picking at the rolls before the cream cheeses frosting made its’s way on top. It is soft, chewy and sweet!
But then cream cheese frosting came along and gosh was I happy! So happy I dug right in and took this baby down.
I make these rolls the night before I want them. Because who really wants to spend all morning making cinnamon rolls? I sure as hell don’t. I want to wake up and and have them before my stomach starts eating away, yelling at me not for feeding it! LOL You can even make the cream cheese frosting the night before to make it even easier.
Making yeast rolls is not hard at all! If anything, it is just time consuming waiting for the yeast to do it’s magic. This dough also has milk powder in it-which I LOVE! I picked up a bag of dry milk in the baking aisle at Target.
I hope you give this a try and fall in love with these babies like I have !
These cinnamon rolls are shared at Roxana’s Blog Party- Bake Your Own BreadPrint
- 1 package instant dry yeast
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp warm water (110F-115F)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 1/2 tsp tsp nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 – 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter ( 1/2 stick)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, butter, milk powder, salt and two cups of flour. Mix until smooth. Slowly add in remaining flour to form a soft (not super sticky) dough. If using a dough hook, switch out the mixer hook and knead for 5-6 minutes in the electric mixer. I take the dough out of the mixer every minute or so and knead by hand. If not using a dough hook put the dough on a floured work surface and knead for 5-6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200F and then turn oven OFF. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place the dough inside.Place a clean kitchen towel on top of bowl and place bowl in warm but not on oven.
- Check dough after an hour it should have doubled in size, punch down. And place on a floured work surface. roll dough into a 16inchX 12inch rectangle. Grease a 9×13 baking pan and set aside. Brush the dough with 2 tbsp melted butter. In small bowl mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture on top of dough and slice the 6 tbsp butter thinly and layer on top of sugar. Roll the dough tightly and cut with sharp knife into 12 pieces. Place rolls into prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge over night or let rise until doubled in size (30 ish minutes) and bake.
- When you wake up take cinnamon rolls out of fridge and set on counter to rise/thaw for 45 ish minutes. Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before putting cream cheese on.
- While baking beat cream cheese for 2 minutes in large bowl. Add butter and beat for another 2 minutes. Pour in vanilla extract, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Beat all together for 4 minutes. Slather on top of cinnamon rolls.
Dough recipe: Taste of Home Baking Cookbook
Let’s just pretend I am giving you a bite of this glorious roll of dough slathered in butter, sugar, cinnamon and cream cheese frosting.
BTW I really wish I could share with you.. because they are to die!!