Deliciously soft and most this chocolate chip zucchini bread will be everyone's new favorite snack. Step-by-step photos help you make this simple quick bread recipe.
This is my first ever zucchini recipe on the blog. It is also the first recipe I have ever made with zucchini. Let me tell you, we came into the zucchini baking world with a bang! This is my not first recipe with chocolate though LOL, chocolate desserts are my ride or die, like this chocolate chip cheesecake and chocolate breakfasts are even better (chocolate chip muffins or chocolate chip pancakes)
Zucchini, also known as marrow in other parts of the world, is a vegetable with a high percentage of water, so it is super moist. An excellent baking ingredient. And score it bakes up quite mild, so in reality this tastes like a moist delicious chocolate bread. I ain't mad about it.
A lot of zucchini recipes will require you to squeeze all of the liquid out of the zucchini, not in this recipe. We utilize the zucchini for all its worth. It also makes me feel great about indulging in this chocolate chunk quick bread any time of day since its made with vegetables!
Let's get to the recipe.
What are the ingredients for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread?
Simple and easy ingredients make up the recipe for this quick bread. You'll need:
- All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar & Light Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter, melted
- Large Eggs, at room temperature
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Shredded Zucchini- I shred my zucchini with a cheese grater
- Chocolate Chips or Chunks- these Callebaut Chocolate Callets are the ones I use
How do you make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread?
Start by preheating your oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan. These two steps are crucial to success. Without a properly heated oven, your recipe will not rise, and without a greased pan the bread will not come out of the pan!
In a large bowl mix together the butter and both sugars, whisking until fully combined.
Then add the eggs and vanilla extract. I always suggest the real deal, no imitation vanilla here. Whisk until fully combined.
I shred my zucchini with a cheese grater.
Fold in the shredded zucchini so it is evenly combined.
Now for the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Gently fold in flour mixture and chocolate chunks. Mix until just combined, you do not want to over mix as you may create a tough zucchini bread.
Pour the zucchini bread batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top for a pretty loaf. This is not necessary but I never argue more chocolate! LOL
Bake the bread for approximately 43-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with no wet batter.
Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting to cool completely. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container.
How long does Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread last?
This quick bread will last 3-4 days at room temperature. If you live in a warm environment I suggest storing it in the fridge. This is a very moist bread and can go off quicker in a warm environment.
Can you freeze Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread?
Yes, you can. Let the chocolate chunk zucchini bread cool completely and slice before freezing. I wrap each piece individually in plastic wrap, twice.
To thaw, set bread at room temperature for an hour or two. Or take out of the freezer and bake at cook at 300F for 5-10 minutes.
In the mood for more quick bread/loaf cake?
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake
- Carrot Pineapple Banana Loaf
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 188 grams (1 ½ Cups) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 100 grams (½ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 grams (½ Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 4oz (½ Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Zucchni, Packed
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugars. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Fold in shredded zucchini. Gently fold in flour mixture and chocolate chunks
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for approximately 43-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with no wet batter. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American