Happy National California Strawberry Day! Woo hoo two of my favorite things Strawberries and California! Needless to say this banana bread fills that requirement! Bursting with strawberry and banana flavors! YUM!
I recently made pudding banana bread. Which was fab! But I won’t lie I love all kinds of banana bread.
Anyways, I had an idea to use strawberry pudding in place of banana pudding. The thing is I don’t think I saw strawberry pudding, I think I just saw strawberry jell-o and bought that.
I mixed everything as normal (thinking it was strawberry pudding) and baked it. As the bread was baking I had a thought. Wait, I don’t think that was pudding Elizabeth, I think it was jello and I was right. I checked the trash and that was definitely a jello box. Needless to say at this point I was a bit skeptical as to how the bread would turn out.
Well, it turned out great. Just what I had hoped for a strawberry tasting banana bread. This recipe is easy and quick like any other quick bread 😉 I hope you give this Strawberry Banana Bread a go!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3oz box Strawberry Jell O Mix
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 3 Bananas, smashed
- 1 5oz container Chobani Greek Yogurt (plain, strawberry or banana)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix to the wet ingredients, mix until just combined. Fold in mashed bananas, strawberries and yogurt. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.