This post has been sponsored by Albertsons Companies. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Delicious, moist, and tender, this Strawberry Banana Bread is filled with loads of fresh strawberries for a sweet spin on the classic quick bread! Step-by-step photos help you bake this scrumptious strawberry bread recipe!
As a baking blogger, you can imagine why I spend countless hours at the grocery store. Unlike most, I actually enjoying roaming the aisles while looking for inspiration for my next meal or my next great bake. One of my favorite grocery stores is Albertsons; it's always fully stocked, and the most important thing is the lines are always moving quickly!
I love this time of year and playing SHOP, PLAY, WIN!® MONOPOLY. It makes shopping for groceries all the more fun, especially when the groceries are for weekend baking!!
You can also play on the Shop, Play, Win!® App because there are 3 ways to Win $1,000,000 this year...SHOP, PLAY, WIN!® MONOPOLY, Digital Game, and Instant Win Game Tickets!
I play The SHOP, PLAY, WIN!® MONOPOLY game at my local Albertsons, but you can SHOP, PLAY, WIN!® at any of the Albertsons Companies stores like Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw's, Star Market, Carrs/Safeway, United Supermarkets, Amigos, Albertsons Market, Vons and Market Street stores.
A staple bake in my house is banana bread, but with the help of Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt, we make an extra special Strawberry Banana Bread. The Greek yogurt supplies not only a deliciously moist, tender crumb but also helps the strawberry flavor shine through.
Let's get to the recipe.
What Are the Ingredients for Strawberry Banana Bread?
For this easy quick bread recipe, you'll only need pantry staples:
- Unsalted Butter. Some people use oil instead of butter to ensure moisture, but I find that using butter gives great flavor. Since we are folding in some Greek yogurt, there is no worries about a dry banana loaf.
- Sugar. Of course, we need to sweeten our quick bread, I like to use a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar. Brown sugar provides a nice flavor as well as more moisture.
- Large Eggs. Eggs help bind everything together. It is crucial that they are at room temperature so that they can combine evenly with the other ingredients.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Vanilla gives great flavor, don't skimp on this. Use real vanilla as opposed to imitation.
- All-Purpose Flour/Plain Flour. It wouldn't be bread without flour! You'll also toss the berries in flour to help keep them from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- Baking Soda. We need the bread to rise properly, so using a chemical leavening agent works wonders!
- Salt. Just a bit helps balance out the sweetness and all of the flavors shine through.
- Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt. Not only does this delicious yogurt provide flavor but it also helps bake up an incredibly moist and tender banana bread.
- Very Ripe Bananas. The star of the show. It is necessary to have overly ripe bananas; too fresh, and the bananas will have not sweetened up enough.
- Fresh Strawberries. I find quartering my strawberries produces a nice size. Of course, if your berries are extra large, then I would slice them into 6 pieces.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread
First things first, make sure your oven is preheated properly. Just like it's crucial to use fresh ingredients, it is imperative that your oven is properly heated or your quick bread will not rise properly.
Set the oven to 350F/180C and heavily grease a 9X5 bread pan. This is important so your banana bread comes out of the pan in one piece!
If your bananas are not overly ripe and very spotty, then I recommend baking them for 10 minutes at 350F. This helps ripen and sweeten the bananas. Let the bananas cool for 15 minutes before opening and removing from the skin.
Start by whisking your dry ingredients together. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Next, add the quartered strawberries to a bowl with a tablespoon of flour. Mix so they are evenly coated. Doing this helps prevent the strawberries from dropping to the bottom of the pan. I do this in my Strawberry Blueberry Muffins, too!
Now for the good stuff. In a large bowl, add the butter and sugars. Then, whisk until fully combined.
Next, add both eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk again until fully combined.
The star of the show is adding a full container of Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt. The strawberry yogurt provides some strawberry flavor but also helps create a moist and tender quick bread.
I like to use a potato masher to lightly mash my bananas; I still like some chunk in them. Add the mashed bananas to the wet ingredients.
Then, you'll gently fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. When 60-70% of the flour is combined, add in the strawberries. Gently fold fresh strawberries into batter until evenly distributed. You do this before the flour is fully combined because we do not want to over mix the batter.
Over-mixing the banana bread batter can create a tougher bread.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. If you want, you can add more chopped strawberries on top and sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar on top—but it's not necessary.
Bake the banana bread recipe for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I like to check the bread at 40 minutes. If it has darkened a lot already, I will place a piece of foil on top to prevent it from going too dark.
Once the bread is cooked, let it cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan. Invert the bread onto a wire rack to cool completely.
There you have it, the perfect breakfast, afternoon treat, or midnight snack! I hope you love this as much as I do!
Do you need to refrigerate banana bread?
Depends. If you live in a cooler environment, then you can store it at room temperature with no issues. If you live in a warmer environment, I would store it in the fridge to prevent the very moist banana cake from growing mold.
More Banana Bread Recipes
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 4oz (1/ 2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 67 grams (⅓ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 grams (½ Cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt (5.3oz)
- 12oz (3 Medium) Very Ripe Bananas (measured without peel)
- 360 grams (1 ½ Cups) Strawberries, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, mix the chopped strawberries with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugars. Then, add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the full container of Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt, mixing until fully combined. Add the bananas.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture. When 60-70% combined, add in the strawberries.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle optional sugar topping. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool on a wire rack. Store at room temperature unless you live in a warm climate, then store in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry banana bread recipe, strawberry banana recipes, strawberry and banana desserts
SHOP, PLAY, WIN!®
The HASBRO, HASBRO GAMING, PARKER BROTHERS, and MONOPOLY names and logos, the distinctive design of the game board, the four corner squares, the MR. MONOPOLY name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment.