This post has been sponsored by Seattle's Best Coffee®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Delicious and moist this cinnamon swirl banana bread is the perfect snack any time of the day! Step-by-step photos help you make this easy recipe.
Here we are with yet another banana bread recipe. Can you tell I loooooove banana bread? It's just the perfect snack for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
I am so excited to partner again with my friends at Seattle's Best Coffee with their 6th Ave Bistro Blend® ground coffee. You know they had me when I read that the blend is a dark roast that is roasty and balanced, with a hint of chocolate. Anything with chocolate in the name has me game!! Save now on Seattle's Best Coffee here.
Today's version of banana bread is made with walnuts (I prefer roasted nuts, but raw will work) and thick cinnamon swirls. Cinnamon swirl banana nut bread is fantastic. I bought a container of it to work and it was gone before the mid-morning break time even started.
Luckily, I had stashed a slice at my desk so I was still able to enjoy mine as an afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of Seattle's Best Coffee.
This is the perfect recipe to prepare on a Sunday night. Then, pack a slice in your lunch each day for a snack. Growing up, the best school lunch was when my mom made banana bread and packed it in our lunch!
I also love a slather of butter on my banana bread; sooo delicious!
Let's get to the recipe.
What are the ingredients for banana bread?
- Unsalted Butter, room temp.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs - to quickly warm eggs to room temperature, I place them in a bowl in the sink and run warm water over them. Then, I let them sit for 5 minutes while I get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream/Greek Yogurt - you can use either. I often use Greek yogurt since I always have it on hand
- Very Ripe Bananas
- All-Purpose Flour/Plain Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Roasted Walnuts
How do you make bananas ripe faster?
Sometimes you want banana bread and all you have are bright yellow bananas! You need ripe bananas. Brown, speckly goodness. Luckily, you can ripen them in 20 minutes!
Place the bananas on a baking tray and bake them for 20 minutes at 350F/180C. The bananas will ripen, most likely turning black. Let them cool before removing the skin.
How do you make cinnamon swirl banana bread?
First things first, let's get our oven nice and hot. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan. It is important your oven is properly preheated or you could end up with undercooked banana bread with a soggy center.
In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until creamed through and light and fluffy. Then, add eggs one at a time and vanilla extract.
Add the mashed bananas and sour cream, mix to evenly combine.
Gently fold in the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon, when almost fully combined fold in the nuts. Don't over mix, you will work the gluten too much creating a tough banana bread.
To make the cinnamon swirl in a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon until fully combined.
In the prepared pan pour ⅓ of banana bread batter and gently smooth into an even layer then drop teaspoon size dollops of cinnamon mixture on top, use a butter knife to swirl it in. I don't swirl too much I like the bigger cinnamon swirls.
Repeat this process two more times ending with cinnamon swirls on top, if desired sprinkle brown sugar on top. I always top my banana bread with brown sugar I love the sweet crunch it adds!
Bake the banana bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the bread cool at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool on a wire rack. Store at room temperature unless you live in a warm climate, store in the fridge.
I hope you make this cinnamon swirl banana nut bread and you serve it alongside a cup of 6th Ave Bistro Blend® ground coffee. It's smooth roasted and their signature roast brews up a smooth, full-flavored cup of coffee.
Craving more banana recipes? Try these:
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread
- Oat Flour Banana Bread
- Nutella Banana Muffins
- Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie
Please let me know if you make this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread recipe by leaving a rating and review below!Print
Delicious and moist this cinnamon swirl banana bread is the perfect snack any time of the day!
- 4oz (1/ 2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temp.
- 100 Grams (½ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (½ Cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6oz (¾ Cup) Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt
- 12oz (3 Medium) Very Ripe Bananas, mashed (measured without peel)
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Walnuts, roughly chopped ( I prefer to use roasted but raw are fine too)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 6 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (Optional Topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Then add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add bananas and sour cream, mix to evenly combine. Gently fold in the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon, when almost fully combined fold in the nuts.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon until fully combined.
- Pour ⅓ of banana bread batter into prepared pan then drop teaspoon size dollops of cinnamon mixture on top, use a butter knife to swirl it in, I don't swirl too much I like the bigger cinnamon swirls. Repeat two more times ending with cinnamon swirls on top, if desired sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool at least 30 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool on a wire rack. Store at room temperature unless you live in a warm climate store in the fridge.
Save now on Seattle's Best Coffee here.
Keywords: banana bread, cinnamon banana bread, cinnamon swirl