Oat Flour Skinny Banana Bread is filled with greek yogurt, oats and bananas making it a perfect treat for your banana loving friends watching their gluten intake
One of my favorite and most popular recipes is for my Oat Flour Banana Bread while it is gluten free and delicious I wanted a "skinny" version since I am trying to watch what I am eating. Yes I watch it go into my mouth!! But right now since my sisters wedding is coming up I am also watching what it is made of.
On my first try my harshest critic, my youngest sister, raved that this was great and a huge success. It is very far and few between when she uses those words. Which ultimately I am happy for since when she does speak up I know I have a winner. Once I took my first bite I knew it too.
This is just like your normal banana bread but the main difference is instead of AP Flour I took some Gluten Free Oats and ground them up into a flour. Takes a few minutes depending on how strong your food processor is. The mixture will not be completely fine but mostly.
Another small difference is I used a small amount of sugar and used some maple syrup. And of course I included greek yogurt, which I always do to ensure a moist banana bread. (P.S. why does everyone hate the word moist? It is used to describe some of my favorite desserts, so I love it!)
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 2 Large Eggs at room temp.
- 6oz (¾ Cup) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2oz (4 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 50 grams (¼ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 3oz (⅓ Cup + 1 Tablespoon) Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 12oz (3 Medium- Large) Ripe Bananas
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 220 grams (2 Cups) Oat Flour* GF Oats
- Optional 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and Greek yogurt, whisk until fully combined. Add in butter, sugar, vanilla extract and maple syrup mixing to combined. Add bananas and use a masher to incorporate bananas, making sure to leave some banana chunks.
- Add baking soda and salt mix to combine then fold in oat flour. Pour into prepared pan and if you want sprinkle brown sugar on top, I love the crunch so I had to. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted int the center comes out with no wet batter. Store in air tight container, if you are in a hot environment like me, I store mine in the fridge to last longer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 55
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick bread recipe, skinny gluten free banana bread