Delicious and moist banana bread is filled with a generous serving of chocolate chunks to make sure you have chocolate in every bite. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is the perfect afterschool snack, lunchtime treat or toasted with butter for a naughty breakfast!
How do you make chocolate chip banana bread?
It’s easy breezy. That’s why I often make banana bread, quick bread is the best. Banana Nut Granola is also ao fave of mine. This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe requires your normal culprits. Butter, Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Eggs, Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Bananas, Greek yogurt and duh chocolate chips. Or chunks, I like chunks better because there is more melty chocolate.
Make sure you start off with ripe, brown, spotty bananas. If you don’t have ripe bananas then turn your oven on to 350F and place your bananas skin on, on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, make sure to let them cool completely before using them in the recipe.
Grab a 9X5 loaf pan and grease it heavily all up against the sides. Then turn your oven on to 350F.
In a large bowl combine your butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar. One fully incorporated add your vanilla extract and eggs. Always make sure your eggs are at room temperature, so they can combine with the rest of the ingredients better.
In a smaller bowl combined your flour, baking soda, and salt.
Gently fold in your dry ingredients into the wet then add the mashed bananas and Greek yogurt and chocolate chunks, folding it all together gently. You do not want to overmix the banana bread.
If you are feeling fancy sprinkle some extra brown sugar on top of the banana bread, my mom always did this growing up so I usually do too. It gives you a nice crunchy sweet top.
Bake the banana bread for roughly 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or just a couple moist crumbs. Everyone’s oven is different so base it off of the toothpick test.
Let the banana bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting it on to the rack. If you invert it too quickly you will end up with a broken loaf.
How do you store banana bread?
I live in Southern California so we have pretty warm weather almost all year round. To preserve my baked goods I often keep them in the fridge. Banana bread can definitely be left in an airtight container on the counter, which sometimes I do in colder times. Whatever you do just make sure it is covered up or in an airtight container.
With the brown sugar crunch on top, moist banana bread from the Greek yogurt and the chocolate chunks our family think this is the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe.
- Four Years Ago: Golden Oreo Cake Batter Ice Cream Pie
- Five Years Ago: Biscoff Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please let me know if you make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe by leaving a rating and review below!Print
Delicious and moist banana bread is filled with a generous serving of chocolate chunks to make sure you have chocolate in every bite. This chocolate chunk banana bread is the perfect afterschool snack, lunchtime treat or toasted with butter for a naughty breakfast!
- 4oz (1/2 cup/ 1 stick) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 66 Grams ( 1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 250 Grams (2 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5oz Greek yogurt
- 3 Brown Bananas, very ripe
- 8–10oz Chocolate chunks/ chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter in the microwave or over the stove. In a large bowl combine melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and eggs. Mix until just combined. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in bananas, Greek yogurt, and chocolate chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before inverting on to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread, banana bread with chocolate recipe