This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe is delicious and moist banana bread filled with a generous serving of chocolate chunks to make sure you have chocolate in every bite. This quick bread recipe is the perfect afterschool snack, lunchtime treat, or toasted with butter for a naughty breakfast!
- 4oz (1/2 cup/ 1 stick) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 66 Grams ( 1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 100 Grams (1/2 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 250 Grams (2 cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 5oz (Heaping 1/2 Cup) Greek yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3 Brown Bananas, very ripe around 12oz
- 170 Grams (1 Cup) Chocolate Chunks/Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter in the microwave or over the stove. In a large bowl combine melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and eggs. Mix until just combined. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in bananas, Greek yogurt, and chocolate chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before inverting on to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Quick-breads are a great candidate for freezing. Once the loaf has completely cooled wrap it in plastic wrap/ cling film twice, tightly. Then wrap it in foil or place it in a freezer-safe bag. To thaw a loaf of frozen banana bread let it sit in the fridge overnight or place on the counter for a few hours.
You can also freeze slices of banana bread by following the same method of wrapping in plastic wrap twice and then storing it in a freezer-safe bag. To thaw slices of banana bread place them on the counter at room temperature for 30-60 minutes depending on the sizes of the slices.
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread, banana bread with chocolate recipe