Creamy Oreo Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganache, Fresh Whipped Cream and a sprinkling of Oreos you will love this recipe for Mini Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache.
Sooooo my sister gets married this week. While I am the maid of honor I am also providing goodies for the dessert table. Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Sprinkle Cookies, Mini Cheesecakes, Carmelitas, and Brownies...I will be a busy girl later this week. I also have family in town from England (YAY) so we are doing a taco Tuesday tomorrow night which totally calls for Salted Caramel Tres Leches Cake and then the rehearsal dinner which calls for more dessert, maybe cheesecake too? I am thinking one topped with Lemon Curd then again who doesn't love Salted Caramel Sauce I know I sure do.
What a great forecast for my belly this week !!!
Cheesecake is a true weakness of mine. It's definitely one of those things that sit in the fridge and every-time I walk past the fridge it takes every ounce of willpower for me not to open the fridge and have another bite.
Mini Oreo Cheesecake is my new favorite! Pumpkin cheesecake bars are a close second 😉
The crunchy crust, the thick creamy cheesecake topped with chocolate, fruit, sour cream, or just plain ol' homemade whipped cream, well it all makes me weak at the knees. Heaven.
And who doesn't love Oreo's? Crazy people, that's who. But I will never love them as much as my baby sister does. She is a bit of an Oreo hoarder.
The beauty of mini cheesecakes is they only take one bite! So you can have like 13 before you hit what would have been one normal slice of cheesecake. Score!
Whether you want to have something to sneak out of the fridge or want to wow your family, these are sure to make everyone happy.
And conveniently they are easy to make. While you don't HAVE to top them with chocolate ganache, fresh whipped cream and crushed Oreos, I HIGHLY recommend it.
I also have a recipe for Oreo Cheesecake that goes down oh so well.
Tips & Tricks for Baking a Perfect Cheesecake
As always I highly suggest you take these steps to make sure you have the best cheesecake possible
- Do not overwhip the cheesecake, you do not want a ton of air bubbles. Air bubbles = cracks
- Bake your cheesecake the day before
- Baking your cheesecake the day before means it has plenty of time to chill (very necessary) and it is already made so you can focus on other party planning things!
Check out my post on How to Make Stabilized Whipped Cream, the perfect topping for these mini oreo cheesecakes!
Craving more chocolate? Try my:
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 15 Oreos, finely crushed
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 14oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 150 grams (¾ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt, at room temperature
- 2.5oz (¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon) Heavy Cream, at room temperature
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 Oreos, crushed but not completely
- 4oz Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- 2oz Heavy Cream
- 4.2 ounces (½ Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder
- 4 Oreos, crushed
- Line a mini muffin pan or muffin pan with liners set aside. Preheat oven to 325F/163C. In a food processor, crush the Oreos till they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press 1 Teaspoon in mini muffin liners or 1 Tablespoon in muffin liners, pressing down completely. Place in the fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes but at a low speed. Add in heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, vanilla bean caviar mixing until fully combined at low speed. Add in eggs one at a time, mix on low, and just until no trace of the egg remains. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Gently fold in crushed Oreos. Pour into prepared liners. Bang the pan on the countertop to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake the cupcake size cheesecakes for 19-21 minutes and the mini muffins size cheesecakes for 12-15 minutes, the cheesecakes should be set and not jiggle much. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes then wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium bowl add chopped chocolate and set aside. In a small saucepan add cream and cook until just boiled. Pour directly over chocolate, let sit for 3 minutes. Then using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until a silky texture. Pour over chilled cheesecake then put back in the fridge to set.
- When ready to serve Cheesecake, take your bowl and whisk attachment to the mixer chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When ready whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add a splash of vanilla and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Then crumble crushed Oreos on top. Store in fridge.
*Total time includes chill time
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: individual oreo cheesecakes, mini oreo cheesecake,