Easy and quick to make this homemade banana granola is made with lots of spices, pecans, walnuts and of course oats. A fresh banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and a bit of brown sugar help sweeten and bind the homemade granola together. Enjoy this crunchy Banana Nut Granola over yogurt, ice cream or grab a handful for a great snack!
Granola is a dangerous thing to have in the house, one handful leads to 10 more! LOL But making homemade granola is way better than buying something at the store with 50 bajillion ingredients. And eating a handful of this is better for you than eating a slice of cake! Sooo...let's get started.
How do I make Homemade Granola?
Banana Nut Granola starts off with mixing a very ripe banana, in this case, I used a frozen banana that thawed, some pure maple syrup, coconut oil that is melted and a little bit of brown sugar. Make sure you whisk that all together so you have a smooth mixture.
What spices should I put in granola?
For delicious granola, you need lots of spices. While you could go with a lot of classic cinnamon I like to add more for a stronger depth of flavor. My favorite spices that I added to this recipe are ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger and allspice. Kind of smells like Christmas, which is SOOO a good thing for me! If one of those spices is not your flavor jam feel free to leave it out or swap for more of something or another spice you love.
For the dry part of the granola add the spices to rolled oats, quick oats (I just like a mixture of the two sizes, but all rolled oat is totally fine), pecans and walnuts. You could totally add or swap out another nut like almonds.
Once the dry and wet ingredients are fully combined (make sure you scrape the bottom of the bowl, you don't want dry granola) move the granola to a Silpat lined baking sheet and with a spatula pat down tightly. This helps make sure that you will end up with clusters of granola, we are all in it for granola clusters, am I right?
I bake my granola slow at 325F for about 25 minutes then I rotate the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes or so. You want a golden brown color. Now the hard part, in order to create those gorgeous clusters you must leave the granola to cool completely for at least an hour. Then break it apart lightly, and voila granola clusters!
How do I store Homemade Granola?
Once the granola is cooled I like to either store it in an airtight container (these are my favorite plastic containers) or in a large ziplock bag. I store it on the counter or in a cupboard, of course with most things the sooner you eat it the better, so I like to enjoy mine within a week.
My favorite way to enjoy granola? A delicious Greek yogurt and berry parfait. You cannot beat the textures of the creamy yogurt, juicy berries and crunchy granola. This always feels like a dessert, which is great at breakfast time!
Make sure to join our Newsletter and follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!
- Two Years Ago: Cinnamon Roll Blondies
- Four Years Ago: Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Five Years Ago: Double Chocolate Cheesecake Cups
- Six Years Ago: Biscoff Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana Nut Granola Recipe
Easy and quick to make this homemade granola is made with lots of spices, pecans, walnuts and of course oats. A fresh banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and a bit of brown sugar help sweeten and bind the granola together. Enjoy this crunchy treat over yogurt, ice cream or grab a handful for a great snack!
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 Cups 1x
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- 2oz (¼ cup) Coconut Oil, melted
- 2oz (¼ cup) Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 201 grams (2 cups or 7oz) Rolled Oats
- 107 grams (1 cup or 3.5oz) Quick Oats
- 102 grams (1 cup or 3.5oz) Walnuts
- 94 grams (1 cup or 3.25oz) Pecans
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Allspice
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a half sheet size baking pan with a Silpat liner, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and brown sugar.
- In another bowl combine rolled oats, quick oats, walnuts, pecans, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and allspice until fully combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until all of the dry ingredients are coated. Pour into prepared pan and use a spatula to pat the granola mixture tight down into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes then rotate the pan bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Break into chunks and store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade granola recipe, banana nut recipes
Did you make this recipe? Have a question? Let me know here!