A delicious creamy marinara lasagna made easy and simple with the help of Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles, Barilla Roasted Garlic Sauce & Barilla Tomato Basil Sauce! Your family will swoon over this Rosa Lasagna!
I love lasagna. I have fond memories of begging for lasagna for dinner. Maybe that's where my love for Italian food began. If I could I would eat garlic cheesy bread, pasta, pizza, mozzarella, prosciutto, tiramisu, cannoli, and the rest every day of my life. Maybe that's why Italy is my favorite place to visit. The pizza in Naples was unreal. Nothing like what America deems as "pizza". The tomatoes in Italy are so fresh, vibrant- full of flavor. I am literally sitting here yearning for some Italy time.
Maybe, I should just go to my Instagram profile. Half of my posts from August were of gelato from around Italy. Although I love to post, tweet, pin, insta, google + the main reason I love social media is how it helps me relive my foodie adventures. Make sure you like Barilla on Facebook to see scrumptious photos and recipes of delicious Italian meals.
So I was driving home from church the other day and stopped at Vons on the way home, I wanted to make a creamy dreamy lasagna, like the one I order at my favorite restaurant, Roman Cucina. I first picked up my noodles. I grabbed the normal Barilla Lasagna noodles but then I saw Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles and I freaked out!! That's amazing because I am always on a shortage of time so any shortcut sounds good to me!! Then I need some sauce I knew I wanted to do a creamy sauce so I picked up some heavy whipping cream but then the hard part came choosing a sauce, but then I thought using two different ones- best of both worlds!! So I settled on Barilla Roasted Garlic Sauce and Barilla Tomato Basil Sauce!! Great decision if I do say so myself 😉
Now this Rosa Lasagna, it was so easy to make. Something like lasagna sounds like it would take a bit of effort but it really was not, at all! And after I baked the lasagna I broiled it for a few minutes to make the cheese extra delicious. I LOOOOOVE cooked cheese. When I am at Roman Cucina and order the Bruschetta I always pick the hardened cheese on the plate. I know, I have issues.
The Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles were amazing to work with, Cooks Illustrated even named them as the best oven-ready lasagna noodles. I pre-soaked them in the pan with hot water for 10 minutes because I was using cream in my sauce, I read that on Cooks Illustrated. The noodles baked up perfectly.
I think it's safe to say my sissie was excited to eat some Lasagna!!
I added some garlic, tomatoes, onions, and basil to the Barilla Roasted Garlic & Barilla Tomato Basil Sauc,e and the sauce was the best I have ever made. Hands down!! I will always start with these two sauces, I honestly could not stop "tasting" the sauce when I was cooking it. I must have had about 10 spoonfuls. I then proceeded to grab a piece of bread and "mop" up the remainder of the sauce in the pan once I made the lasagna. Again with the issues, I know.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1lb Ground Sausage or Beef
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped small
- 1 Medium Tomato, chopped small
- 2 Medium chopped Basil
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 Jar Barilla Tomato Basil sauce
- 1 Jar Barilla Roasted Garlic sauce
- 80z (1 Cup) Heavy Cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1 Box Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup-ish Parmesan shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and swirl around, once the pan is hot add ground sausage. Using a wooden spatula spread sausage thin to cook evenly. Cook until no pink remains about 7-10 minutes. Place a piece of paper towel on a large plate and put cooked sausage on top of paper towel.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and chopped onions cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomato, basil, and garlic stir and cook for 1 minute. Add in Barilla Tomato & Basil Marinara Sauce and Barilla Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce. Let cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese, let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Preheat the oven to 375F/ 191C. In a 9 x 13 dish, you will use to bake the lasagna place pasta in and add hot tap water. Let sit for 10 minutes then drain. Take the pasta out of the dish, spray with nonstick cooking spray, place 1 cup of sauce then 3 pasta sheets, followed by ¾ cup cheese mixture then ¼ cup mozzarella and ⅓ cup of cooked sausage then sprinkle with roughly 2 tablespoon of parmesan cheese. Repeat for 3 more layers.
- Once the final layer of pasta is laid down top with remaining sauce, cheese mixture, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Take foil off of the pan and broil until cheese is browned. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Goes well with a crisp green salad and garlic bread.
Feel free to use whichever flavors of Barilla Sauce you want.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: rosa sauce, lasagna recipe, rosa lasagna,
Recipe Adapted from Back of Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Box