Learn how to make the most delicious Strawberry Milkshake recipe with this step-by-step guide. It is quick, easy, and will have you drinking in less than 5 minutes!
Get ready to fall in love with this irresistible dessert drink. You will wan to slurp this up in seconds, trust me, I've done it! LOL
For this sweet strawberry shake you'll need:
- Good Quality Vanilla Ice Cream. Since this is a milkshake you want to make sure you use a good quality ice cream.
- Strawberries. You can use fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries. If using frozen I would suggest the frozen sliced strawberries. I would pull them out first so they can soften for a few minutes before blending them.
- Milk. The milk will thin the ice cream out to make this a perfectly drinkable milkshake. The recipe doesn't call for a lot of milk because we want to create a nice thick milkshake. I recommend using whole milk but 2% will work just fine too. You could use non-dairy milk too like oat milk or coconut milk.
- Toppings. Whipped Cream and Strawberries for Garnish. You can use store-bought whipped cream or make my easy homemade whipped cream. Or try my chocolate whipped cream and add some chocolate syrup for a chocolate-covered strawberry shake!
Depending on how juicy your berries are you may need a little more milk but be careful don't add too much or you will end up with a thinner milkshake.
- You could add some malted milk powder for a malt flavor!
- Or add some frozen bananas for a strawberry banana milkshake! For a healthier version, you could use like 2-3 frozen bananas instead of the ice cream.
- Add some chocolate syrup for a chocolate strawberry shake
- Add some other berries for a mixed berry milkshake
For ingredient quantities please reference the recipe card below. On the recipe card there is a button for US or M (Metric) measurements.
In a blender add the strawberries first, then scoops of vanilla ice cream and milk, and blend for 30 seconds to a minute. You want to blend the strawberries first so they can break down quicker.
Scrape down the sides of the blender or use a tamper to make sure it's all combined.
Blend for another minute or so to ensure all the strawberries have been blended into the ice cream.
Pour into serving glasses and add whipped cream and chocolate sauce if desired.
You definitely can, I suggest still using some strawberries to really pack the strawberry punch.
If you prefer a really thick shake then reduce the amount of milk. It's easier to add more milk than to have to add more ice cream to thicken it back up. Using frozen strawberries also helps create a thicker shake.
If your strawberries are very tart and not too sweet you can add one tablespoon of sugar at a time until you reach your desired sweetness.
More Strabwerry Desserts
- Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Compote
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 3 cups Good Quality Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4oz Strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2.4oz (⅓ Cup) Milk
- Whipped Cream and Strawberries for Garnish
- In a blender add the strawberries first, then ice cream and milk, and blend for 30 seconds to a minute. You want the strawberries first so they can break down quicker. Scrape down the sides of the blender or use a tamper to make sure it's all combined. Blend for another minute or so to ensure all the strawberries have been blended into the ice cream.
- Pour into serving glasses and add whipped cream and chocolate sauce if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry milk shake, how to make a strawberry milkshake
You may also like