Crunchy and thin these pecan and oat cookies are filled with milk chocolate, making them the best sandwich cookie ever. The caramelized flavor, crunch, and creamy chocolate make these Pecan Lacey's perfect for a homemade gift or your Christmas Cookie plate!
I can't believe Christmas is in two weeks!! This is insane!! 2014 baby! We have finally put the Christmas tree up at my house after numerous hours spent decorating work the last thing we wanted to do was pick up another decoration.
Luckily, since my nan is here from England she started the decorations and I won't lie sitting on the sofa next to the fire and looking up to a glistening tree is perfection for me!!..... And I might be snacking on some English Toffee 😉
I absolutely love the month of December for numerous reasons
1. It's Christmas time so everyone is in a good mood.
2. There is some sort of party every weekend.
3. I get to see friends I haven't seen all year.
4. A fresh new year is upon us.
5. I have an excuse to go shopping all the time.
OH AND MY FAVORITE
6. It's Christmas time so I can eat whatever the heck I want and do it again tomorrow and the day after that...
Yes, I love Christmas time. Sausage Rolls, Turkey, Stuffing, Roast Potatoes, Toffee, Shortbread, Yorkshire Pudding, Sticky Toffee Pudding, and did I mention Sausage Rolls?! UGh, my mouth is watering already!
Another thing I love any time of year but I let myself go overboard around Christmas is Macadamia Lacey's from Trader Joes. Have you ever tried them? Cuz they are ADDICTING! Every single person I have introduced to them LOVES them. And I don't blame them, those cookies are to die for. So I wanted to recreate them but I didn't have macadamia nuts on hand so I used some pecans instead.
These Pecan Lacey's are SOOOOOOOO easy to make and SOOO delicious. I absolutely love the nutty/oatty cookie filled with milk chocolate. I salivate as I write this post, I ate the last cookie at work today. Don't worry I treasured every last bite 😉
I hope you give these Pecan Lacey's ago, they are perfect for this time of year. Or any time of year... leeeeeeez be honest!!
You might enjoy these cookie recipes:Print
Crunchy and thin these pecan and oat cookies are filled with milk chocolate, making them the best sandwich cookie ever. The caramelized flavor, crunch, and creamy chocolate make these Pecan Lacey's perfect for your Christmas Cookie plate!
- ¼ cup sugar + 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- ¾ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with Silpat liners or parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Mix for 3-5 minutes until fully combined and boiling.
- Whisk in flour after fully combined add in vanilla extract, oats, and pecans.
- Drop teaspoonful size balls on to liner, only place 8 on a sheet, each cookie spreads widely. Bake for 10 minutes, the cookies should be paper thin and bubbling. Let sit on the tray for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in 10 sec increments until chocolate is melted, watch carefully and stir each time to prevent burning.
- Place a heaping teaspoon size amount on top of one cookie place another cookie on top of chocolate to create a sandwich. Repeat with all cookies.