These triple chocolate peppermint cookies are perfect for your Christmas cookie plate. A rich chocolate cookie is studded with chocolate chips and dunked or drizzled with white chocolate. Festive sprinkles make this cookie extra fun!
These cookies have not one, not two, but three forms of chocolate. I am all about squeezing as much chocolate into as little space as possible!!
How do you make chocolate peppermint cookies?
Start off by sifting together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk them together so they are fully combined.
In the bowl of an electric mixer or large bowl with a handheld mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and the color has lightened. About 3-5 minutes.
When the butter/sugar mixture has lightened add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and peppermint extract beat mixture for another 2 minutes. Be careful not to add any extra peppermint extract- it is very strong- a little goes a long way!
Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the batter into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet or plastic container. Chill the cookie dough for at least 2 hours.
When you are ready to bake the cookies preheat oven to 350F and place cookies on a Silpat (affiliate link) lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Let cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
Melt some white chocolate and a teaspoon of coconut oil together. You can melt in the microwave for 20-second increments or place in a bowl over a pot of simmering water over medium heat ( make sure the bowl does not touch the water). With either method make sure you do not burn, it is very easy to burn melted chocolate.
You can then either dip or drizzle white chocolate over the cookies and place the cookie on the prepared pan then sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
If peppermint flavor is a thing then try these Crushed Candy Cane White Chocolate cookies next!
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
Craving more cookies?
- Chewy Guinness Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Brown Butter Cookies
- Nutella Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Andes Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 8oz (1 Cup/2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 150 grams (¾ Cup) Brown Sugar
- 100 grams (½ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoon Real Vanilla Extract
- ¼-½ Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 208 grams (1 ⅔ cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 63 grams (½ Cup) Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips, Semi-Sweet or Milk
- 8oz White Chocolate Chips or White chocolate Discs
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy and the color has lightened. About 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- When the butter/sugar mixture has lightened add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract then beat the mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough into 1.5 Tablespoon balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plastic container. Chill the cookie dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and place cookies on a Silpat (affiliate link) lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until set. Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper and set aside. Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or in the microwave in 20-second increments, be careful not to burn the chocolate. Dip the cookies or drizzle and place the cookies to set on the prepared pan. You can place the tray in the fridge to speed it up. Sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint chocolate cookies, chocolate dipped peppermint cookies, christmas cookies