Crunchy and thin these pecan and oat cookies are filled with milk chocolate, making them the best sandwich cookie ever. The caramelized flavor, crunch, and creamy chocolate make these Pecan Lacey's perfect for your Christmas Cookie plate!
- 1/4 cup sugar + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with Silpat liners or parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Mix for 3-5 minutes until fully combined and boiling.
- Whisk in flour after fully combined add in vanilla extract, oats, and pecans.
- Drop teaspoonful size balls on to liner, only place 8 on a sheet, each cookie spreads widely. Bake for 10 minutes, the cookies should be paper thin and bubbling. Let sit on the tray for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in 10 sec increments until chocolate is melted, watch carefully and stir each time to prevent burning.
- Place a heaping teaspoon size amount on top of one cookie place another cookie on top of chocolate to create a sandwich. Repeat with all cookies.
Keywords: cookies, delicate cookies, pecan cookies, nut cookies, chocolate filled cookies, crunchy cookies, biscuits, afternoon snack, christmas cookies