Nutella is baked into a rich cheesecake batter, topped with melted Nutella, toasted hazelnuts, fresh whipped cream, and fresh raspberries. This Nutella cheesecake is the perfect Valentine's Day Dessert.
If you've read my blog before then you must know Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. It's lovely to make something so rich, decadent and special. And if you top the cheesecake like this one it's a show stopper. And come on, who doesn't like to bake a show-stopping dessert?
Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Well, a month or so away. But being in the blogging world or the restaurant world you are always way ahead, well planning wise. I love to plan. I am one of those people who writes things down on their to-do list that they have already done, just to cross it off. It makes me feel more accomplished for the day. I write everything down. The only time I lack writing things down is when I start baking. I WISH I was better at writing as I go. It would really make it easier for me. Luckily I did write things down as I made this cheesecake.
The batter is filled with lots of Nutella. I added cocoa powder as well. Baked the cheesecake, chilled it, and then drizzled it with more Nutella, toasted hazelnuts, fresh whipped cream, and raspberries.
For another delicious Nutella recipe you've gotta try my Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Bread Recipe!
Tips & Tricks for Baking a Perfect Cheesecake
As always I highly suggest you take these steps to make sure you have the best cheesecake possible
- Bake your cheesecake the day before
- Baking your cheesecake the day before means it has plenty of time to chill (very necessary) and it is already made so you can focus on other party planning things!
How do I make a cheesecake with no cracks?
- Do not overwhip the cheesecake, you do not want a ton of air bubbles. Air bubbles = cracks
- When you pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan tap the tin on the counter to release any air bubbles
- Bake the Cheesecake in a Springform Pan (affiliate link) for easy release when you serve it
- Do not open the oven doors when the cheesecake is baking you want all the hot air to stay in the oven-until you turn the oven off
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath
How do I make a water bath for cooking my cheesecake?
- Make a water bath to bake the cheesecake
- Let the cheesecake rest in the oven when baked
- When about the inner 2-inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour, I usually prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon for the last 20-30 minutes
- Cooling the cheesecake
- Take Cake Pan out of the Roasting pan and let Cheesecake cool further on a wire rack for one hour
- After the cheesecake has cooled wrap it in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or a minimum of 6 hours
What is the best way to serve my cheesecake with clean slices?
Best way to serve cheesecake?
- When cutting the cheesecake to serve always have a hot cloth nearby to wipe the knife clean after each cut
- When serving let the cheesecake sit for 5-10 minutes before serving
This is an OVER THE TOP dessert. It is extremely rich. You only need a little slice. Or if you are like me you need a big slice and a fork, keep that in the fridge and have a bite every time you pass the fridge or open it. Side note: Why do I always open the fridge and look what is in it even if I have just come home from a restaurant/ had a huge meal? #fatgirlproblems
Whether its Valentine's Day or a dinner party. This nutella cheesecake will be a hit. Enjoy!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Nutella is baked into a rich cheesecake batter, topped with melted Nutella, toasted hazelnuts, fresh whipped cream and fresh raspberries. This Nutella cheesecake is the perfect Valentine's Day Dessert.
- 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 1 ½ cup Nutella
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temp.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- ½ cup Nutella, melted
- Fresh Raspberries
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine graham crackers and melted butter. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add Nutella and mix to combine. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add in cocoa powder and beat until fully combined. Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract- mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a large cake pan or wrap the springform in a thick layer of foil coming up the sides- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and place on a wire rack to cool for another 30 minutes. Then wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Drizzle melted Nutella on top of cheesecake. Sprinkle on toasted hazelnuts.
- In a chilled bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form then add vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until hard peaks form. Put whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a star attachment. Pipe cream on edges of cheesecake. Top with raspberries. Serve immediately using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake.
*total time includes chill time
Keywords: nutella dessert recipes, chocolate hazelnut cheesecake