An easy quick bread recipe this Nutella Pumpkin bread is made with pantry staples, provided pumpkin and Nutella are staples for you. Step-by-step photos teach you how to make this fall treat! Fast to make this pumpkin bread had lots of generous swirls of Nutella.
It's only Tuesday and it feels like Saturday to me ( mind you work in the restaurant business work is 24.7, not m-f) I have honestly not been able to do one thing, pulled one way or the other all day, I'm giving an order to one person and writing a check for another while taking on the phone to someone else..etc. So the end of the day when I come and have the energy to bake it's really exciting. Today though I didn't have enough energy for anything too crazy because I didn't have a lot of energy I decided on making a pumpkin bread, it is EASY peasy people!
I decided to fancy this bread up with some Nutella.I happened to have lots of Nutella in Europe and it reignited my love affair with Nutella (still love Cookie Butter/Biscoff more).
This bread is moist, dense but fluffy and the swirls of Nutella really do make it that much better. Next, check out my recipe for mini pumpkin Nutella muffins.
And seriously California the 90F heat is not working out anymore, I want to turn my oven on without turning the air on!!!
Let's get to the recipe.
This pumpkin Nutella bread comes together so quickly. You will need:
- Large Eggs. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature. To do this quickly place the eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes before cracking them.
- Vanilla Extract. Use the real stuff.
- Vegetable Oil. You can use another neutral oil if you'd like. The oil helps ensure these muffins are very moist.
- Greek Yogurt. You can use plain or vanilla yogurt. You could also use sour cream if you want.
- Pure Pumpkin Puree. Make sure you are not using pumpkin pie filling!
- Flour. Just good old all-purpose flour also known as plain flour is needed.
- Baking Soda. Helps the muffins rise.
- Baking Powder. This also helps the muffin rise. We use a combo because there is not a ton of acid in this recipe and baking soda is activated by acid whereas baking powder is already activated but too much baking powder can make the recipe taste metallic.
- Salt. Don't skip it!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice. All that glorious fall flavor is provided by the warming spices in pumpkin pie spice.
- Sugar. I like to use a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Nutella. The star of the show baby!!
As with any baking recipe I always tell you to make sure your oven is properly heated. Without the right heat the bread will not rise and bake properly.
For this pumpkin bread preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C and grease a 9"X5" loaf pan.
In a large bowl combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, and pumpkin until fully combined.
Make sure there are no traces of egg yolk left behind.
Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and sugars.
Gently fold everything together until just combined, do not over mix.
Scoop half of the batter into the prepared pan then spoon ¼ cup of Nutella in spoonfuls then get a knife and swirl Nutella all over.
Spoon the rest of the pumpkin batter on top and gently spread it out evenly and then the rest of the Nutella and swirl again! Don't over swirl you want to leave chunks of Nutella!
Bake the quick bread for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
There you have it Nutella Pumpkin Bread. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
More pumpkin recipes
For the Nutella pumpkin lovers check out this recipe for mini pumpkin nutella muffins.
This pumpkin spice caramel popcorn looks soo good I can't wait to try Hayleys recipe!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 oz (Scant ½ Cup) Vegetable Oil
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Greek Yogurt, Plain or Vanilla
- 10oz (1 ¼ Cup) Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 219 grams (1 ¾ Cups) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 150 grams (¾ Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 50 grams (¼ Cup) Brown Sugar
- 4oz-6oz (½-¾ Cup) Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, and pumpkin until fully combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and sugars. Gently fold everything together until just combined, do not over mix.
- Scoop half of the batter into the prepared pan then spoon ¼ cup of Nutella in spoonfuls then get a knife and swirl Nutella all over. Spoon the rest of the pumpkin batter and then the rest of the Nutella and swirl.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 55
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread recipe, nutella pumpkin bread, chocolate pumpkin bread
This post was originally published on September 19, 2013 as of September 6, 2020 the recipe, photos, and text have been updated.