Creamy chocolate cheesecakes are baked on Speculoos cookie crust topped with fresh whipped cream and a strawberry slice. These cheesecakes are easy to make, you will love them!
I love chocolate, I also love cheesecake but I was never really one for chocolate cheesecake. Until mothers day this year. At the restaurant, I run we chose a chocolate cheesecake to go on the Mother's Day Menu. And since we are serving it to paying customers it's only right I taste test it for approval? So I did. And it was amazing. And I was in love. And I hit my self for resisting chocolate cheesecake for all these years. Truly stupid decision on my part. Well, Mother's Day came and went and unfortunately so did that cheesecake.
Fast forward two weeks later, I had the urge to bake. Lemon Cheesecakes was what my sister requested. So I went to Target on the way home to pick up some Lemons but no fresh fruit at that Target. 🙁 And no more lemons on my tree!! WAAH
That was then the fabulous idea struck. chocolate cheesecake. I went looking for a package of plain Oreo's for the crust but only found Golden Oreo's, Peanut Butter Oreo's & Berry Oreo's. Another annoying mishap! Then I found an open box of Speculoos Cookies (TJ's version of Biscoff Cookies).
So basically things happen for a reason people, I ended up with Speculoos Crusted Double Chocolate Cheesecake Cups. And I won't lie they were delightful. I thoroughly enjoyed every single bite! I topped mine with fresh whipped cream and a fresh strawberry slice
I am excited about the show Mistresses on ABC- I just can't get over Desperate Housewives is still not on 🙁 But you know what I am so HAPPY about? Last week my sister and two of my best friends and I booked our summer trip.....a cruise around the Mediterranean! WOOOO freaking HOOO! Starting in England and ending in England so I can spend time with all my fam bam and then the cruise starts in Barcelona and ends in Venice. Basically, life is good. And I am so happy and blessed!! Are you doing anything fun this summer?
Oh, and by the way do yourself a favor make these gorgeous babies.
Here are some more recipes you might like:
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 1 cup Speculoos cookies, crushed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 16oz Cream Cheese, at room temp.
- 400 grams (2 cups) Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4oz (½ cup) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 16oz (2 cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with liners.
- Use a food processor or a plastic bag and rolling pin to crush the Speculoos cookies into crumbs. Put crumbs in a medium bowl, add melted butter, sugar and mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add in sugar and cocoa powder mix for 1 more minute. Mix in eggs, vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of crust mixture into each muffin section of the pan, make sure to press down evenly. Pour cheesecake mixture on top of crust into ⅔ full. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of cheesecake layer and press down lightly. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the cheesecakes are not giggling, if the cheesecakes crack they are beginning to over bake. Let cool in pan for 1 hour and transfer to refrigerator to chill. Let cheesecakes chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Scoop a small dollop of whipped cream on top of mini cheesecake and top with a slice of strawberry.
*total time includes chill time
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake cup recipe, chocolate cheesecake recipe, mini cheesecake cups