Raspberry Lemonies are lemon and raspberry perfection in the form of a tart yet sweet bar. My little sister, Lydia, has left for England for 8 months. Well, she we will be traveling for a bit around Europe as well. She has planned this for a long time but I can’t believe she finally left. Thank goodness!!! LOL only joking. I miss my little baby so much. She started making lemonies all the time before she left and I was obsessed. I could not get enough. Lemon is such a fabulous flavor. Nothing trumps a lemon glaze. Ugh, nothing! Except when you add raspberries. I did that a few weeks ago with a delicious Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake . We devoured that like nobodys’ business and we did the same with these. Lemon and raspberry really do compliment each other well. These bars are simple to whip up, bake for a short amount of time and then you drench them in a lemon glaze. Top them with fresh raspberries, I die. I really enjoy these bars chilled. But you can tots eat them at room temp.Print
Raspberry Lemonies are lemon and raspberry perfection in the form of a tart yet sweet bar.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- Raspberries for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X9 square baking dish with foil and grease heavily, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and lemon zest, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together eggs, butter, lemon juice and sugar.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined, no flour streaks remain. GENTLY fold in raspberries then pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set.
- In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Pour over cooled bars and chill in fridge.