Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake is a Moist Lemon Cake studded with Raspberries and Covered in a Lemon Glaze. This easy Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake Recipe will be your new favorite midnight snack or lunchtime treat!
Growing up lemon drizzle cake was a popular dessert my mom made, I don’t even know if we considered it a dessert more a snack? Probably where my love of sweets all the time comes from. As I’ve grown up I began to love raspberries even more so when I decided to throw some raspberries into this lemon loaf cake I was very happy.
This loaf cake recipe is perfect for dessert, an afternoon tea party, a sweet treat in your lunchbox or a midnight snack.
I originally posted this recipe in 2014 but I have updated the recipe a bit and the photos a lot! Scroll down to see step by step photos of how to make this raspberry lemon loaf cake recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
📖 How do you make the cake?
With any cake recipe always start by preparing your pan. There’s no point in making a cake if you can’t get it out of the pan, in its proper shape! I like to use Baker’s Joy Cooking Spray since it has flour in it as well. Make sure you coat your 9X5 Loaf pan heavily, then set it aside.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Then in a bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and butter for 3-4 minutes, so it’s nice and fluffy.
Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in lemon rind and juice.
Once the lemon has been added the mixture may look curdled, that is fine. Fold in dry mixture.
Once the dry ingredients are mixed, just until no flour streaks remain, gently fold in the Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Finally, fold in the raspberries. If you are using frozen make sure they stay frozen until you add them to the batter, otherwise they will bleed heavily into the yellow batter.
Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Everyone’s oven is different. When I first started making this recipe back in 2014 my other oven-cooked a lot quicker and I was baking this at 45 minutes, now it takes me over an hour, so please just use your best judgment and test it before taking it out! I like to use a knife or toothpick to check for no wet batter.
Let the lemon cake cool on wire rack for at least 30 minutes before starting glaze.
🍋 How do you make a lemon glaze?
The lemon glaze is really my favorite. The only reason I am really here. Forget you cake! Ha!
While your loaf cake is cooling prepare the lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk it together, this is a glaze so it is runny.
To make for an easy clean up I recommend putting the cake on a wire rack over a baking sheet and then pouring the lemon glaze, then you catch all the drips.
🍽 How do you store lemon loaf cake?
While this cake can be stored in an airtight container on the counter, I prefer to store it in the fridge. I enjoy a chilled slice and I also live in a warmer climate so food can go off a lot quicker.
More lemon recipes
Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!
Baking is a science and to really achieve the best results I highly recommend investing in a kitchen scale. This OXO Kitchen Scale is the one I use and is also the number one recommended kitchen scale by Cook’s Illustrated. Think about it -what one person scoops into a “cup” is completely different as to what someone else scoops!Print
Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake is a Moist Lemon Cake is studded with Raspberries and Covered in a Lemon Glaze. This easy Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake recipe will be your new favorite snack!
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 266 Grams (1 1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 8oz Raspberries (fresh or frozen-if frozen keep frozen until you fold them in the batter)
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and butter for 3-4 minutes, so it’s nice and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in lemon rind and juice. Fold in dry mixture. Then fold in Greek yogurt, then gently fold in raspberries.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for at least 30 minutes before starting glaze.
- While cake is cooling prepare lemon glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Drizzle on top of the cake when it is completely cool. Store cake in an airtight container, store in fridge to last longer.
Keywords: lemon drizzle cake recipe, raspberry lemon cake recipe