Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with Pumpkin Cookie Butter, this recipe screams Fall. You will love this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookie Recipe.
These cookies were inspired by my Cookie Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are a classic cookie for me, a recipe I have made dozens of times.
I saw the Pumpkin Cookie Butter at Trader Joes the other day and immediately thought of a new spin on one of my favorite cookie recipes.
When eating these cookies the essence of "Fall" comes to mind, warm and spicy. And they are chewy! Because although a cakey cookie with a nice frosting is good it ain't a cookie. You know what I'm sayin? And more often than not pumpkin "cookies" are big and puffy, more cake-like than cookie like.
These my friend are chewy pumpkin cookies. I only use one egg yolk, as the pumpkin puree replaces the rest of the eggs.
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
I hate to admit it but I have made this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookie Recipe 3 times this week. So damn good.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 2oz Unsalted Butter, browned
- 2 oz Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 150 Grams/ ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams/ ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 61 Grams/ ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 240 Grams/ 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 8oz/ 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- 6oz Trader Joes Pumpkin Cookie Butter
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the 2 oz of butter, watch carefully and mix constantly. The butter will begin to turn more of a golden color with brown flecks and become foamy, you will smell a nutty aroma. This is browned butter, take it off before it becomes burnt butter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the brown butter and the regular butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated mix and beat for 2 minutes. After the two minutes let the batter rest for 30 seconds and repeat the process 3 more times.
- Then add the pumpkin puree and egg yolk. Mix for 4 more minutes on low-medium speed. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks. Place dough covered in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat lined or parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop a heaping ball of dough (2tbsp) and press into a disc shape in your hand, using a teaspoon drop the Pumpkin Cookie Butter in the middle of the disc. Pull the edges of the cookie to the middle to cover the best you can, shaping into a ball. It is fine if some of the Pumpkin Cookie Butter is poking out.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Store in airtight container for 5 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 11
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie butter recipes, fall cookies