Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with Pumpkin Cookie Butter, this recipe screams Fall. You will love this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookie Recipe.
- 2oz Unsalted Butter, browned
- 2 oz Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 150 Grams/ 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams/ 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 61 Grams/ 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 240 Grams/ 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 8oz/ 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- 6oz Trader Joes Pumpkin Cookie Butter
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the 2 oz of butter, watch carefully and mix constantly. The butter will begin to turn more of a golden color with brown flecks and become foamy, you will smell a nutty aroma. This is browned butter, take it off before it becomes burnt butter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the brown butter and the regular butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated mix and beat for 2 minutes. After the two minutes let the batter rest for 30 seconds and repeat the process 3 more times.
- Then add the pumpkin puree and egg yolk. Mix for 4 more minutes on low-medium speed. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks. Place dough covered in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a Silpat lined or parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop a heaping ball of dough (2tbsp) and press into a disc shape in your hand, using a teaspoon drop the Pumpkin Cookie Butter in the middle of the disc. Pull the edges of the cookie to the middle to cover the best you can, shaping into a ball. It is fine if some of the Pumpkin Cookie Butter is poking out.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Store in airtight container for 5 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: cookie butter recipes, fall cookies