Take the classic cookie up a notch to Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies! Smooth and Creamy Homemade Salted Caramel is mixed with the butter and sugar mixture of the recipe. Creating a sweet cookie with a great depth of flavor!
I have this thing for cookies. And I also have this thing for salted caramel. I've added the two together in the past here and here. But I something wasn't right. The caramel didn't really work stuffed into a cookie as it was too runny or if you used caramels and sea salt the caramels could go a bit hard.
Then I had this brainwave. Cream the butter and sugar together WITH salted caramel! I am not going to lie, I was SO freaking happy with the results. Seriously perfection baby!!!
You know what is also perfection? Me spending time with my family in England and off tomorrow to Barcelona. Woo HOO! life is good I am blessed and so happy that I have the family I do!!
I hope you give these Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies a go and share them with your loved ones. Hope your all having a fabulous August 🙂
This is the salted caramel I used.
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
Here are some more recipes you might enjoy:
Please let me know if you make these Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe by leaving a review below!Print
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 stick butter, at room temp
- ⅓ cup salted caramel
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- Sea Salt for garnishing cookies
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- Cream butter, salted caramel, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together for 3 minutes. Add egg, yolk, and vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Then fold in chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough for at 3 hours or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350F line a baking sheet with Silpat liner, if using. Roll into 2 tablespoon size balls and sprinkle sea salt on top each cookie, bake for 9-11 minutes.
*total time includes chill time
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 11 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, salted caramel, chocolate chip cookies, caramel cookies, chewy cookies