Easy Cadbury mini egg blondies are the sweet Easter treat perfect for everyone. An easy cookie blondie recipe is filled with crushed mini eggs for the perfect milk chocolate crunch! Step-by-step photos teach you how to bake this easy recipe!
Every year since I can remember my family goes through countless bags of Cadbury mini eggs. They are just too good. I love to crack the shell off then indulge in the rich, smooth Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate. When they came out with the large bags of eggs it was a dangerous game-changer for us. And now you can purchase the Shimmer Eggs, which I used for this post. They are just as delicious!
Another Easter favorite recipe is this Easter Cake, a Neopolitan marble cake that is so moist!!
Let's get to the recipe
Luckily you'll only need baking staples for this recipe.
- Unsalted Butter. For this recipe, we are going to melt the butter so no need to wait for it to soften to room temperature.
- Light Brown Sugar. Brown sugar gives these blondies their classic flavor.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Use the real stuff, no imitation, please!
- Large Egg. Your egg should be at room temperature so it can properly incorporate into the butter and sugar. You can place an egg in a bow of warm water for 5-10 minutes to quickly bring it up to room temperature.
- All-Purpose Flour. To ensure you achieve the perfect blondie texture I highly advise weighing your ingredients especially the flour to prevent over or under flour in the recipe. I use my kitchen scale to weigh all of my ingredients.
- Baking Powder. Just a little gives a nice lift to the cookie bars.
- Salt. Gotta balance out all the sweetness, salt also enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Mini Egg. The star of the show! I find it easier to put the mini eggs in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to whack them to crush them. You can slice them in half but I find that hard with the eggs rounded.
Make sure to start with preheating the oven to 350F/180C then line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, if using foil make sure to spray with non-stick spray then set the pan aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar.
Once fully combined add the egg and vanilla then mix until fully combined then mix for another 30 seconds to a minute.
Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and gently mix until no flour streaks remain.
Fold in crushed Mini Eggs. Pour blondie batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the blondies for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Store leftovers in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
How to freeze
Once you've baked the bars allow them to cool completely then cut and place in an air-tight container or freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat place bar on the counter to thaw for an hour.
Can you double
You can easily double the recipe just bake it in a 9X13 pan, for the bake time I would add another 5-10 minutes. On the recipe card below just press the 2X button to easily double the ingredients.
More bar recipes
These lemon crumb bars are unlike anything, and so darn tasty!
My brookies recipe is a combo of cookies and brownies, a favorite of so many!
Homemade brownie bites are perfect for meal prep or a party!!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 4oz (½ Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 166 Grams (½ Cup + ⅓ Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- 125 Grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 160 Grams (1 Cup) Mini Eggs, crushed up
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, if using foil make sure to spray with non-stick spray then set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Once fully combined add the egg and vanilla then mix until fully combined and mix for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and gently mix until no flour streaks remain. Fold in crushed Mini Eggs. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Store leftovers in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cadbury mini egg blondies, mini egg cookie bars, mini egg blondie recipe