Chocolate Chunk Potato Chip Blondies are quick and easy, these sweet and salty blondies are made with deliciously contrasting textures and flavors. An unexpected treat, you will love this combo. Sweet & Salty Blondies will be your new go-to fast dessert recipe!
Oh Blonides how I love thee. So much better than brownies. I mean really? How can you just not love them? Okay, brownies are good too.
Let me move on to potato chips. When I was a little kid I would insist on eating a chunk of chocolate and a handful of potato chips or when I was dipping chocolate covered strawberries, I would drizzle melted chocolate over the chips. Everyone thought I was nuts. And I won't lie, I kind of was. But I loved it.
Fast forward 20 years later and there are people in the world now that don't think I'm crazy.
Actually, a few years ago I went to Trader Joe's and found a bag of chocolate-covered potato chips! So anyways this whole sweet and salty thing, it's a thing.
How do you make potato chip blondies?
You could definitely make this recipe with good old melted butter, but I prefer to use browned butter. The depth of flavor is just SOOO good. To see an in-depth tutorial check out my post on How to make Brown Butter.
So start with browning some butter, then set it aside to cool for 10 minutes or so. Next, add the brown sugar.
Then one egg and a splash of vanilla extract. Make sure the egg is fully combined. Then add your flour, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold to just combine.
Once the flour streaks have just gone gently add the potato chips and chocolate chunks.
Finally, pour the batter into the prepared pan. I always line my pan with foil and spray it with Bakers Joy- a non-stick baking spray. Then bake the potato chip blondies for 23-28 minutes, always check early on, your oven is different than mine.
These potato chip blondies are a sweet and salty lovers dream. Perfect on your dessert table or for a bake sale treat.
Want another easy bar recipe?
- Cinnamon Roll Blondies
- Pumpkin Blondies Recipe
- Cookie Butter Smores Bars
- Salted Millionaires Shortbread
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 4oz (½ cup) Unsalted Butter
- 200 grams (1 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 125 grams (1 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks/ chocolate chips
- 2 cups (2 large handfuls) potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8X8 or 9X9 baking sheet with foil, grease the pan and set aside.
- Over low-medium heat brown the butter. You will start to smell a nutty aroma and the butter will become a golden brown color. Turn off and pour into a heatproof bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla to butter and mix until fully combined. Mix in egg. Add flour, baking soda, and salt gently mixing until no flour streaks remain. Fold in chocolate chunks and potato chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 28
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet and salty dessert recipe, chocolate and potato chip recipe
This recipe was originally published May 5, 2013.