Sugar Cookie Dough base makes these gorgeous Mascarpone Chocolate Toffee Bars come together in a cinch. All the textures will make you fall in love with these bars.
I often find myself with cupboards and a fridge overfilled with ingredients to bake. I am a constant over buyer. I would rather have more than run out. Mid-recipe trips to the store are my worst nightmare, I absolutely dread it!!
So often it forces me to be creative, but in this instance it made me turn to Pinterest to find something I wanted to bake. I had a roll of sugar cookie dough in the fridge to use. I pinterest'ed it, googled it and nothing caught my eye.
Then I saw another ingredient I needed to use a tub of mascarpone cheese, leftover from this Tiramisu Cake. So I pinterest'ed it, googled it and nothing caught my eye. At that point, I just about gave up. Until I saw this recipe. It used a roll of sugar cookie dough and mascarpone. Perfect. I had to make these I thought.
What a wonderful bar. Toffee, Almonds, Sugar Cookies, Mascarpone & Chocolate make an excellent bar. The crunch of the toasted almonds and sweet toffee bits against the creamy chocolate mascarpone mixture over a chewy sugar cookie base make a texture lovers dream.Print
Sugar Cookie Dough base make these gorgeous Mascarpone Chocolate Toffee Bars come together in a cinch. All the textures will make you fall in love with these bars.
- 1 pound refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 4 chocolate-toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped OR heaping 2/3 cup Chocolate Covered Heath Bits
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 7 X 10 3/4 baking pan with foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cookie dough and 1/3 cup of chocolate toffee bits and vanilla extract. Press into prepared pan, using wet fingers press until even. Prick the dough all over with a fork and bake for 18-23 minutes or until golden brown. Place on wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine chocolate chips and vegetable oil. Place the bowl over the pan of a simmering water, so that the bowl is not touching the water. Mix chocolate and oil until all chocolate is melted. Take the bowl off of the water-filled pan and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the bowl of melted chocolate and whisk in the mascarpone cheese until the mixture is smooth. Spread the chocolate mixture over the cooled crust. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate-toffee candy pieces and sliced almonds over the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until the chocolate layer is firm.
To toast nuts place on a cookie sheet and toast at 350F for 10-15 minutes.
*Total Time Includes Chill Time
Keywords: dessert bars, cookie bars, mascarpone recipes, frosted cookies, cookie recipe
Recipe Source: Food Network