- 1 pound Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Covered Heath Bits (Can use 4 Chocolate Toffee Candy Bars Chopped)
- 170 grams (1 Cup) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8oz (1 Cup) Mascarpone cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup Toasted Slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cookie dough, vanilla extract, first 1/3 cup of chocolate toffee bits. Press into prepared pan, using wet fingers press until even. Prick the dough all over with a fork and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate, in a heat-proof bowl that fits snug over the saucepan of simmering water, so that the bowl is not touching the water, melt chocolate over medium-low heat. Take the bowl off of the water-filled pan and set it aside to cool for 10-15 minutes. You can alternatively melt the chocolate in the microwave in 15-second increments at half power, mix after every 15 seconds until just melted.
- Take the bowl of melted chocolate and whisk in the mascarpone cheese until the mixture is smooth. Spread the chocolate mixture over the cooled crust. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate-toffee candy pieces and sliced almonds over the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until the chocolate layer is firm.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To toast nuts place them on a cookie sheet and toast at 350F/180C for 7-11 minutes.
- Total Time Includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mascarpone chocolate toffee cookie bars, chocolate mascarpone cookie bars