Sometimes I will buy store bought granola but let’s be honest it’s crap compared to homemade. And making it is so stinkin easy and takes all of 6 minutes before baking. And it smells delightful.
I made this last week, it makes quite a bit of granola. But that didn’t stop my family. It was gone in three days. Guess that’s what I get for leaving it in a container on the counter. A handful here, there and boom it’s gone.
If I wasn’t in Nashville right now you can guarantee I would be making this.Print
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Fold in oats and almonds and mix until fully combined.
- Dump onto baking sheet and using a spatula press down so granola is in a compact even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, the granola will be a beautiful golden brown.
- Let cool on baking rack for 1 hour then break into clusters. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.