Chicken, Pesto, Greek Yogurt, Spinach, Tomatoes, and a little parm make this Light Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe served on romaine lettuce the perfect lunch!
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!! I can’t wait for it to be Tuesday already. Well really I cannot wait for Thursday cuz I am taking the day off. Paddy’s is a HUGE BUSY day at work for me, working a British Pub all the “Irish” people come out of the woodwork for a grand ol time! We don’t serve any green beer we stick to the traditional real stuff,- Corned Beef & Cabbage, Irish Stew, Bailey’s, Tullamore Dew.. you know the real stuff.
I have been baking a lot of rich desserts lately while also trying to eat a bit healthier and workout more. I have been doing pilates and walking which seems to help me. But the other day I made Lemon Creme Brulee & Vanilla Bean Cheesecake so naturally, I needed something to break up the creamy dreamy richness. Light pesto chicken salad for lunch.
I could not have dreamed this to be better. I seriously fell in love.
I even ate this on romaine lettuce leaves instead of bread because it was that AWESOME! And I would rather add parmesan cheese then sandwich bread. So this is a new favorite lunch, I’ve already had it three times since I made the first batch. Obsessive much? I know.
Craving more Chicken Recipes?
Please let me know if you make these Healthy Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe by leaving a rating and review below!Print
Chicken, Pesto, Greek Yogurt, Spinach, Tomatoes and a little parm make this Light Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe served on romaine lettuce the perfect lunch!
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought- try my Easy Walnut Pesto Recipe or Classic Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Romain lettuce leaves or any kind of bread
- In a frying pan over medium heat place 3 tbsp olive oil add garlic and chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, cook until no pink remains. Take off of heat and shred chicken. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to cool off quickly. Scoop garlic out of olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, garlic, greek yogurt, pesto, baby tomatoes, spinach and parmesan cheese. Mix until just combined, no white streaks remain. Cover and let marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve on romaine lettuce leaves or bread.
Keywords: chicken salad recipe, pesto chicken salad recipe, how to make chicken pesto salad