Chicken, Pesto, Greek Yogurt, Spinach, Tomatoes and a little parm make this Light Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe served on romaine lettuce the perfect lunch!
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought- try my Easy Walnut Pesto Recipe or Classic Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Romain lettuce leaves or any kind of bread
- In a frying pan over medium heat place 3 tbsp olive oil add garlic and chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, cook until no pink remains. Take off of heat and shred chicken. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to cool off quickly. Scoop garlic out of olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, garlic, greek yogurt, pesto, baby tomatoes, spinach and parmesan cheese. Mix until just combined, no white streaks remain. Cover and let marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve on romaine lettuce leaves or bread.
Keywords: chicken salad recipe, pesto chicken salad recipe, how to make chicken pesto salad