The other day I was out at Trader Joe's on this whole healthy kick. My whole problem is that I tell myself that going to Trader Joe's is healthy, which it very well can be, or the evil sugar devil comes and haunts me and I buy every item with sugar in it!! OR one of the workers tells me hey look at this chocolate stuffed french toast. How do you say no to chocolate stuffed french toast? The answer is YOU DON'T!
Anyways I came across TJ Cookie Butter which I assumed was similar to Biscoff Spread. And yes it is, this smashed up cookie goodness is even easier for me to get my hands on. Can you say D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S?!
Today I needed some cupcakes and I looked in the cupboard and saw the Cookie butter. Just then I remembered of some Biscoff Cupcakes Jenny made over on Picky Palate. I looked up her recipe and went straight to baking.
These little scrumptious cakes are amazing! So yummy!Print
Delicious cupcakes are made with Biscoff Spread aka Cookie Butter and topped with a cookie butter frosting!
Cookie Butter Cupcakes
- 125 Grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 200 Grams (1 Cup )Granulated Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4oz (½ Cup) Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 4oz (½ Cup)Sour Cream
- 4oz (½ Cup)Biscoff Spread
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
Cookie Butter Frosting
- 8oz (1 Cup/2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter at room temp.
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Biscoff Spread
- 500 Grams (4 Cups) Powdered/Icing Sugar, Sifted
- 2 Tablespoons Milk or Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt & baking soda.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine oil, sour cream, Biscoff spread, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Slowly add dry ingredients until all well combined.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners until ¾ full. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Once cupcakes are cooled begin buttercream. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and Biscoff until creamy and smooth. About two minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar and milk until desired consistency is reached. Frost cupcakes and enjoy 🙂
Keywords: cupcakes, cookie butter recipes, biscoff cupcakes, cookie butter cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate