I am not really a muffin person. For breakfast I would much rather have a danish or french toast. But as of late I was craving a muffin. Weird? I though so. But I needed to get rid of this craving.
One night last week I was thinking of muffins- blueberry, strawberry, chocolate. The options seemed endless. And since I have no self control when it comes to baking I just HAD to bake some muffins up. Even if it was 10pm already. Strawberry Blueberry Muffins with a yummy streusel topping would be made. So they were midnight snacks and breakfast for me 🙂 I likey! 🙂
Bursting with strawberries and blueberries these were fabulous. So moist and dense and full of fruit. Not over sweet. Perfect fo any time of day. I definitely could pop a few of these throughout the day 😉
I hope you give this easy, quick recipe a try 🙂Print
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a muffin/cupcake liner with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine butter, milk, greek yogurt, egg and vanilla extract. Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in strawberries and blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan and fill 2/3rds of the weigh.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. Rub butter into mixture. Sprinkle on top of batter. Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from : Damn Delicious