The best dessert
Months ago I asked on Instagram for recipe creation ideas. My friend Karla suggested S’mores Brownies. I am embarrassed to say how long it has taken me. To be honest I was kinda over marshmallows and the whole S’mores flavor. I think I just overdid it for a while. Well damn S’mores, I am back and in love. These brownies were freaking fantastic.
So let’s get to the recipe!
How do you make S’mores Brownies?
There are a few ways to make s’mores brownies out there but I chose to do a crushed graham cracker crust topped with brownies batter, then chocolate and finally toasted marshamallow.
First thing’s first we need graham crackers. In a large bowl combine finely crushed graham crackers, granulated sugar, and melted butter.
Pour the crust into the prepared pan and use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to pack the crust tightly.
Bake crust at 350F/180C for 10 minutes. While the crust is baking prepare brownies. I am biased and love my brownie recipe. Feel free to use a boxed mix, but make sure it’s a 9X9 serving size.
When brownies are just baked sprinkle on chocolate pieces and cover the whole pan in mini marshmallows turn the broiler on low and place the brownies under the heat.
Watch carefully so they do not burn. Take out and let cool completely. To achieve clean cuts you must run your knife under hot water and clean the knife after each slice.
Can you make S’mores Brownies ahead of time?
Yes. Ideally I would make them only a day ahead of time. But a coupe days is okay.
Please let me know if you make these s’mores brownies by leaving a rating and review below!
Baking is a science and to really achieve the best results I highly recommend investing in a kitchen scale. This OXO Kitchen Scale (affiliate link) is the one I use and is also the number one recommended kitchen scale by Cook’s Illustrated. Think about it -what one person scoops into a “cup” is completely different as to what someone else scoops!Print
The best dessert mash up, s’mores + brownies will be your new favorite! Starting with a graham cracker crust topped with brownie batter baked and topped with chocolate chunks and toasted marshmallows! Perfect for your next party dessert!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 190 Grams (6 3/4oz) Graham Cracker Crumbs, about 11 full-size graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2oz ( 5 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
Brownies or use a Boxed Brownie Mix
- 2oz (1/4 Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (3/4 cups) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour
- 4oz (1/2 heaping cup) Chocolate (chips, chunks, or bars chopped)
- 3.5oz (½ Cup) Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- 5oz (1 Cup) Mini Marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and line a 9-inch square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large bowl whisk the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar together. Pour in the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Pour the crust into the prepared pan and use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to pack the crust. Bake crust at 350F for 10 minutes. While crust is baking prepare brownies.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your chocolate chunks/ chips. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-27 minutes.
- When brownies are just baked sprinkle on chocolate pieces and cover the whole pan in mini marshmallows turn the broiler on low and place the brownies under the heat. Watch carefully so they do not burn. Take out and let cool completely. To achieve clean cuts you must run your knife under hot water and clean the knife after each slice.
Keywords: s’mores brownies, s’mores dessert recipe, marshmallow brownies