These thick, chewy brownies are filled with Oreos, white chocolate, and cream cheese to create an absolutely delicious cookies and cream brownies recipe.
Get ready to fall in love with these brownies. They are seriously so delicious, my favorite way to enjoy them is after they have been chilled in the fridge, they get super dense and fudgy.
I wanted to create a cookies and cream brownie that wasn't frosted, it took probably 5 attempts but I am so happy with this recipe and I hope you adore it too.
Let's get to the recipe
Now if you really wanted you could use a box mix as the base but I love my homemade brownie recipe and find is so quick.
- Water. Just tap water is perfect.
- Unsalted Butter. The butter cooks with the first few ingredients so luckily no need to wait to soften it.
- Granulated Sugar. The sugar sweetens the brownies and cooking it first helps create that iconic crinkly brownie top. You'll also need some sugar for the cream cheese layer.
- Dutch process Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. I much prefer the flavor of Dutch process cocoa powder, it has had the acidity stripped and creates a smoother more intense chocolate flavor. I have not tested this recipe with natural cocoa powder.
- Neutral Oil. By using some oil instead of all butter you end up with a chewy, moist brownie. I use avocado oil but vegetable oil works great too.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Vanilla pairs beautifully with chocolate, use the real stuff!
- Large Eggs. You'll need one whole egg and one additional egg yolk, both at room temperature.
- Baking Powder. Just a little bit gives the brownies a lift but doesn't create too much of a lift to create cakey brownies.
- Salt. Don't skip this little guy, salt brings out all the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Cornstarch/ Cornflour. I love adding cornstarch to baked goods, it tenderizes the batter to create a softer brownie.
- All-Purpose/ Plain Flour. You want to make sure you measure your flour properly, too much or too little can drastically alter the brownies.
- Oreo Cookies. You'll add some broken Oreos into the brownie batter then top the brownies with more chunks of Oreos.
- Good Quality White Chocolate. I like to use the Lindt white chocolate bars chopped into chunks. I use one full 4-oz bar for the filling and half a bar, 2oz, for the topping. You could use white chocolate chips if that is all you have on hand.
- Cream Cheese. Whatever you do, make sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature.
For ingredient quantities please reference the recipe card below. On the recipe card there is a button for US or M (Metric) measurements.
The base of this recipe is my homemade brownies recipe- if you want to see step-by-step photos on how to make the brownie better take a look here at my homemade brownies recipe.
Once you've mixed in the flour let the batter sit aside while you prepare the cream cheese filling. Then add the broken Oreo pieces and chopped white chocolate, if you add the white chocolate too early will melt too much into the batter.
In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer or bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the cream cheese until light and smooth. If your cream cheese is not softened enough it will be lumpy.
Add the sugar and mix for 30 seconds, scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is fully combined.
Pour ½ of the brownie batter into the prepared pan then pour the cream cheese mixture on top in an even layer, as best as you can.
Add the remaining brownie batter on top and try to spread it into an even layer as best as you can. Add broken pieces of Oreos and white chocolate chunks on top.
Bake the brownies for 38-43 minutes, you can use a toothpick inserted in the center to check for any wet batter, the cream cheese layer will be wet but the brownie layer shouldn't be like batter. Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 1 hour before using the parchment paper to remove them. Store leftover brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I love chilling these brownies in the fridge too, it creates such a dense fudgy brownie- seriously decadent!!
Can you double
You could totally press the 2X button on the recipe card below to double the recipe. Bake the brownies in a 9X13 pan and I would expect the baking time to be within 5-10 minutes more than the original recipe called for.
More cookies and cream recipes
Check out my cookies and cream cookies recipe, a new family favorite.
This Oreo Ice Cream Cake is requested at lots of birthday parties!
For the ultimate treat check out this Oreo Cheesecake recipe.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Brownies Recipe OR Box Mix 8-inch or 9-inch size
- 2oz (¼ Cup) Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 ¼ cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (Scant Cup) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant ⅓ cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- ⅛ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant ½ cup) All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 11 Oreo Cookies, 8 in the batter and 3 on top
- 4oz Good Quality White Chocolate, chopped into chunks
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6oz (¾ Cup) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 67 Grams (⅓ Cup) Granulated/ Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line an 8 or 9-inch pan with foil, or parchment paper and heavily grease the pan. The foil overhangs and will help you pull the brownies out of the pan later.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together. Take off heat and let cool for five minutes. Then add the oil.
- Let sit for another couple of minutes, then add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine, and make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and cornstarch, and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product. Let sit aside while you prepare the cream cheese filling. Then add the broken Oreo pieces and chopped white chocolate, if you add the white chocolate too early will melt too much into the batter.
Cream Cheese Layer
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer or bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat the cream cheese until light and smooth. If your cream cheese is not softened enough it will be lumpy.
- Add the sugar and mix for 30 seconds, scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is fully combined.
- Pour ½ of the brownie batter into the prepared pan then pour the cream cheese batter on top in an even layer, as best as you can. Add the remaining brownie batter on top and try to spread it into an even layer as best as you can. Add broken pieces of Oreos and white chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake the brownies for 38-43 minutes, you can use a toothpick inserted in the center to check for any wet batter, the cream cheese layer will be wet but the brownie layer shouldn't be like batter. Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 1 hour before using the foil to remove them. Store leftover brownies in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies and cream brownies, white chocolate oreo brownies, cream cheese oreo brownies
You may also like