Based on the Nutty Irishman Cocktail this no-bake pie is filled with Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico and of course we needed chocolate! This no-bake pie is perfect for your next event!
This recipe was originally posted on March 14, 2014, I have always loved Pi Day and nothing has changed.
I felt like the recipe needed some updating and some step-by-step photos. So I forced myself to enjoy some Irish Cream and Hazelnut Liqueur.
Another boozy dessert recipe I adore is my Crack Cake soaked in wine!
What is a Nutty Irishman?
My friend Danny, okay just kidding, it's a cocktail made of Baileys Irish Cream and Frangelico, it happens to be one of my favorites.
You can of course use generic brands of Irish Cream and Hazelnut Liqueur.
I serve it over ice or in coffee with lots of whipped cream. For this pie I added some chocolate because chocolate makes everyhing better.
How do you make a no bake Oreo crust?
In a large bowl add finely crushed Oreos and melted butter, mix until all crumbs are moistened.
Press Oreo mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and use a measuring cup to tightly press the crust. Place dish in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
How do you make Nutty Irishman Pie?
Firs things first make sure your cream cheese is very soft, softened to room temperature- if the cream cheese is too cold then it will not blend into the whipped cream mixture.
In a Bain Marie or in the microwave melt the chocolate just until chocolate is all melted- it can burn easily- set aside to cool.
In the bowl of an electric mixer or large bowl fitted with a paddle attachment beat the cream cheese for 2- 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scoop cream cheese out into a clean bowl then add whipping cream and 4oz (½ Cup) of the Baileys to dirty bowl add whisk attachment and whisk until you have medium- stiff peaks.
Once your whipped cream mixture is ready gently fold in the cream cheese, melted chocolate, remaining Irish cream, and Hazelnut Liqueur.
Once the mixture is combined gently add it to the prepared crust. I use a vegetable peeler to create chocolate shavings to sprinkle on top of the pie.
Gently cover the pie in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
Can you make Nutty Irishman Pie ahead of time?
Totally, since this pie needs such a long time to set it's best made the day before you want to serve it. You could make it up to 2 days in advance.
How long does Nutty Irishman Pie last?
This pie is best enjoyed within the first 2-3 days. You can definitely eat the pie after the first few days but it won't be at its best.
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 4.5oz (28ish/2 rows) Oreo Cookies
- 1.5oz Unsalted Butter, melted
- 5oz (1 Cup) Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temp.
- 12oz (1 ½ Cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6oz (¾ Cup) Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
- 4oz Dark Chocolate
- In a food processor blend Oreo cookies until crushed to a fine crumb. Pour into a bowl and mix in melted butter. Press into a 9-inch pie dish. Cover and chill while you make the filling.
- In a Bain Marie or microwave melt the chocolate, just until melted- you don't want the chocolate to burn. Once completely melted and smooth set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a handheld mixer beat cream cheese for 2 minutes. Scoop cream cheese into a clean bowl.
- In the same mixing bowl whip the heavy cream and 4oz( ½ cup) Baileys until stiff peaks form, 3-4 minutes. Once whipped cream is formed gently fold in the cream cheese, chocolate and remaining Baileys Irish Cream, and Frangelico.
- Gently pour filling into prepared pie dish. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Using a vegetable peeler take a chocolate bar and peel curls of chocolate to put on top of pie.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American