Creamy Oreo Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganache, fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of Oreos you will love this Oreo Cheesecake Recipe with Chocolate Ganache. The perfect make-ahead birthday cake!
If you know me, you know me and chocolate are soul mates. Chocolate is my number one. My lovah. My best friend…. you get the picture.
And the only shake I ever get is an Oreo Cookie Shake and Jack in the Box has the best ones. Unfortunately I hardly ever treat myself to one. But damn every time I do I am in heaven. Seriously go get one.
You’d think with my cheesecake obsession that I would have had an Oreo cheesecake recipe before? Well no, I hadn’t. As my friend Hayley said this was the best cheesecake so far. It really was.
The creamy cheesecake, the chocolate ganache, fresh whipped cream and crunch of the Oreos really put the cheesecake in its own league.
How do I make an Oreo Cheesecake?
Like any cheesecake you must be patient, it’s not a dessert you whack together in 30 minutes. But it is so worth the wait. I always make my cheesecakes the day before I want to serve them. Chilling the cheesecake overnight ensures the best end result, in my opinion.
How to make an Oreo Crust
Starting off with a thick crust made of crushed Oreos and butter. I like to pat my crust up the sides of the pan as well as the bottom. I am all about texture and more crust against all that cheesecake filling makes me happy!
How to make Oreo Cheesecake filling
The cheesecake filling is made with your usual suspects. Cream cheese of course and please make sure it is at room temperature, if not you will end up with a lumpy cheesecake. I cut my cream cheese into chunks to thaw it quicker. And no whipped cream cheese either, just good old blocks of cream cheese. Then you need granulated sugar, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extra and or vanilla beans, eggs and the star of this cheesecake-crushed Oreos.
How to make a Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate ganache is one of those stupid easy things. Chop some chocolate up and then pour hot heavy cream on top, let sit, then whisk together. The more cream to chocolate ratio the runnier the ganache will be and vice versa.
What should I top my cheesecake with?
I bet you guessed it, Oreos. It was only natural since this is an Oreo Cheesecake. Of course, I absolutely adore fresh whipped cream as well. I add some dry milk powder to my whipped cream to help stabilize it.
I know you have an Oreo lover in your life. Make this cheesecake recipe for them. You will be forever their favorite person. This is decadence in its finest form.
Tips & Tricks for Baking a Perfect Cheesecake
As always I highly suggest you take these steps to make sure you have the best cheesecake possible
- Bake your cheesecake the day before
- Baking your cheesecake the day before means it has plenty of time to chill (very necessary) and it is already made so you can focus on other party planning things!
How do I make a cheesecake with no cracks?
- Do not overwhip the cheesecake, you do not want a ton of air bubbles. Air bubbles = cracks
- When you pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan tap the tin on the counter to release any air bubbles
- Bake the Cheesecake in a Springform Pan (affiliate link) for easy release when you serve it
- Do not open the oven doors when the cheesecake is baking you want all the hot air to stay in the oven until you turn the oven off
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath
How do I make a water bath for cooking my cheesecake?
- Make a water bath to bake the cheesecake
- Let the cheesecake rest in the oven when baked
- When about the inner 2-inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour, I usually prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon for the last 20-30 minutes
- Cooling the cheesecake
- Take Cake Pan out of the Roasting pan and let Cheesecake cool further on a wire rack for one hour
- After the cheesecake has cooled wrap it in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or a minimum of 6 hours
What is the best way to serve my cheesecake with clean slices?
Best way to serve cheesecake?
- When cutting the cheesecake to serve always have a hot cloth nearby to wipe the knife clean after each cut
- When serving let the cheesecake sit for 5-10 minutes before serving
Please let me know if you make this Oreo Cheesecake Recipe with Chocolate Ganache!Print
Creamy Oreo Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganache, fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of Oreos you will love this recipe for an Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache.
- 12oz Oreos, completely crushed into a crumb
- 3 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 675 Grams (24oz) Cream Cheese, very soft at room temp.
- 220 Grams (1 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 139 Grams (1/2 heaping cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 77 Grams (1/3 Cup) Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods (cut in half and the caviar extracted with a knife)
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 5oz Oreos, crushed with some larger pieces
- 8oz Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- 4oz Heavy Cream
- 8.4 ounces (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder
- 2oz Oreos, crushed
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 325F. In a food processor, crush the Oreos till they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, vanilla bean caviar mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Gently fold in crushed Oreos. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium bowl add chopped chocolate and set aside. In a small saucepan add cream and cook until just boiled. Pour directly over chocolate, let sit for 3 minutes. Then using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until a silky texture. Pour over chilled cheesecake then put back in the fridge to set.
- When ready to serve Cheesecake, take your bowl and whisk attachment to the mixer chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When ready whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add a splash of vanilla and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like to pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Then crumble crushed Oreos on top. To serve use a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake. Store in fridge.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: dessert, cheesecake recipe, oreo crust, cookies and cream, birthday cake, cheesecake, chocolate ganche cheesecake, fresh whipped cream