Rich cookie butter oozes out of this luscious chocolate lava cakes, top with ice cream and you will be in heaven with these Cookie Butter Lava Cakes!
While I am a little obsessed with Cheesecake, lava cakes are also one of my favorite desserts. And lava cakes are made and baked in less than 30 minutes. Hello, this is not a good thing for a sugar addict like myself. For a more traditional chocolate cake check out my chocolate cake recipe.
And currently, I am back on my obsession with cookie butter. It's just so damn good. Crushed cookies? Sign me up.
These are the easiest desserts to make, melt some chocolate and butter whisk in some eggs, mix in some sugaaaah and fold in the flour. BAM! Done. Well, in this case, add some cookie butttah. Or try my Nutella Lava Cakes made with Frangelico, since who doesn't love Frangelico!
Anyways this was a natural choice on a weeknight when I was craving something sweet. I also love lava cakes since you can make the batter and fill the ramekins up to a day in advance. Just wrap them in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge. That's how I got these purrrrty photos in the daylight since when I made them it was 9:30 pm!
Make sure to check out my how to make chocolate lava cakes post with step by step photos for the classic recipe!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 2oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate ( I used Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp Cookie Butter
- Preheat oven to 425F if baking right away. Grease two ramekins set aside. ( I used two 4 inch diameter, 11 oz capacity ramekins)
- In a microwave-safe bowl break the semi-sweet chocolate into chunks and add butter. Cook for 30-second increments, only 1 or 2 sessions should be fine. Whisk the chocolate and butter together in between increments. Once butter is fully melted chocolate should melt quickly.
- In a larger bowl add the chocolate mixture and mix in egg and yolks, stirring to combine. Then mix in powdered sugar and finally mix in the flour, just until white streaks disappear.
- Pour ¼ of batter into each ramekin. Top with 2 tablespoon of Cookie Butter and pour ¼ of batter on top of the Cookie Butter, covering it. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, until the cake looks set.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the cake and invert on to a serving plate. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, cookie butter, biscoff, lava cakes, chocolate cake, dessert for two
Naturally, I made one for my beautiful sissy, we devoured this one in all of 2.5 seconds!