- 2oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate ( I used Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp Cookie Butter
- Preheat oven to 425F if baking right away. Grease two ramekins set aside. ( I used two 4 inch diameter, 11 oz capacity ramekins)
- In a microwave-safe bowl break the semi-sweet chocolate into chunks and add butter. Cook for 30-second increments, only 1 or 2 sessions should be fine. Whisk the chocolate and butter together in between increments. Once butter is fully melted chocolate should melt quickly.
- In a larger bowl add the chocolate mixture and mix in egg and yolks, stirring to combine. Then mix in powdered sugar and finally mix in the flour, just until white streaks disappear.
- Pour 1/4 of batter into each ramekin. Top with 2 tbsp of Cookie Butter and pour 1/4 of batter on top of the Cookie Butter, covering it. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, until the cake looks set.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the cake and invert on to a serving plate. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, cookie butter, biscoff, lava cakes, chocolate cake, dessert for two