Chocolate Lava Cake is taken to the next level by adding Nutella. This Nutella Lava Cake Recipe will be your go-to dessert for dinner parties or Monday nights 😉
I love having dinner parties. Something about cooking for people makes me so happy. And when you're having a dinner party you can eat the extra slice of garlic bread or cake, heck both! So basically a dinner party is an excuse for me to pig out, and pigging out on homemade fresh food is my all time favorite.
To have a successful dinner party you need good time management skills. You've got multiple dishes or parts of one dish going at a time. So I always love to have at least one dish a make ahead dish. This Nutella Lava Cake is perfect for that.
You can make the batter, pour them into the ramekins, wrap in plastic and store in the fridge before ready to bake. And since they only take around 15 minutes to bake it is a quick dessert. It's also a WOW dessert. Because who doesn't love oozing Nutella? Yeah, no one.
And the second amazing part to this recipe is that it takes all of 5 minutes to prepare. All you do is melt the butter and chocolate together, mix in Frangelico, powdered sugar, egg & yolk and lastly flour. Pour ¼ of the batter into each ramekin add a large scoop of Nutella and divide the remaining batter between the two ramekins to cover the Nutella.
You could leave out the Frangelico but I think it's nice to add booze to anything I can 😉
Vanilla extract would be a perfect swap for the Frangelico. But hazelnut liqueur in a Nutella Lava Cake is just meant to be!
( I mean look at that photo, scrumpdidlieumptious)
Make sure to check out my how to make chocolate lava cakes post with step by step photos for the classic recipe!
Please let me know if you make this Nutella Lava Cakes recipe by leaving a review below!
★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Chocolate Lava Cake is taken to the next level by adding Nutella. This Nutella Lava Cake will be your go to dessert for dinner parties or Monday nights 😉
- 2oz Semi Sweet Chocolate ( I use Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 425F if baking right away. Grease two ramekins set aside. ( I used two 4 inch diameter, 11 oz capacity ramekins)
- In a microwave-safe bowl break the semi-sweet chocolate into chunks and add butter. Cook for 30-second increments, only 1 or 2 sessions should be fine. Whisk the chocolate and butter together in between increments. Once butter is fully melted chocolate should melt quickly.
- In a larger bowl add the chocolate mixture and mix in the Frangelico. Add in egg and yolks, stirring to combine. Then mix in powdered sugar and finally mix in the flour, just until white streaks disappear.
- Pour ¼ of batter into each ramekin. Top with 2 tbsp of Nutella and pour ¼ of batter on top of the Nutella, covering it. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, until the cake looks set.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the cake and invert on to a serving plate. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 ramekin
Keywords: dessert, chocolate dessert, lava cake, nutella, nutella desserts, baking, nutella recipe, snack, date night dessert