Buttery, rich and chewy blondies are swirled with cinnamon sugar baked to a golden brown and topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting. You will love this Cinnamon Roll Blondies recipe!
Cinnamon rolls, one of my true loves. And I actually enjoy making them from scratch. I’ve got a great recipe for making them the night before and baking first thing in the morning. Lemme tell you, unreal. There is NO comparison to store bought vs homemade cinnamon rolls. It’s worth it. And not hard at all. Enough about them.
On to these Cinnamon Roll Blondies…
So I love cream cheese frosting and love cinnamon and I was craving an easy blondie/ bar so it was only natural to do this. I am sure I am not the first one to make a cinnamon roll blondie but I am biased to say this was a fabulous recipe.
I added cinnamon in the blondie base and then made a butter/brown sugar/ cinnamon mixture and swirled it throughout before I baked.
Let the bars cool and slather a big ol’ buncha cream cheese frosting on top.
I literally could dive into that frosting. Its the same one I use for my cinnamon rolls. I like it so much because you can taste the cream cheese, so often a cream cheese frosting is so sweet or buttery that the star of the show doesn’t shine. Well lemme tell you this time cream cheese shines!
Finding the pockets of cinnamon sugar was delightful, a chewy cinnamon blondie topped with cream cheese frosting. Wow. Speechless. I prefer the bars chilled but to each their own!
Please let me know if you try my Cinnamon Roll Blondies by leaving a rating and review below!Print
Buttery, rich and chewy blondies are swirled with cinnamon sugar baked to a golden brown and topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, at room temp.
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X9 pan with foil to overhang on the sides. Get cream cheese out of the fridge and chop into small pieces, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the butter and beat for one minute. Then add the brown sugar, mixing until fully combined. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat for one minute. Turn mixer off and add flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Mix just until no flour streaks remain. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a spoon drop dollops of cinnamon swirl on to the blondie mixture. Using a knife swirl the spoonfuls. Bake for 23-26 minutes, until blondies are golden brown and have set.
- Let cool for at least 45 minutes before icing. I let the blondies cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack then using the foil overhand I pull the blondies out of the tin to cool faster.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for 1 minute. Then beat in butter, mixing for another minute. Add in powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream, mixing on low to prevent a powdered sugar storm. Once all combined beat on high for 3 minutes. Spread on top of blondies. Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: frosted blondie recipe, cinnamon roll dessert recipe
Love a good blondie? Me too!