Brown butter starts this recipe off, filled with lots of oats, M&M's and chocolate chips they are the perfect cookie. Bite-size these Brown Butter M&M Oat Cookies are dangerous to have around!
Two weekends ago I went down to San Diego for a Bachelorette night for one of my favorite bunnies ever! Ashley and I became friends through work and we have all become a little family at our pub. This cutie pie is getting married in about a month and I am so happy for her!
I went with 3 other girls, and since it was a road trip (more like 2 hours) I knew I needed
snacks cookies for the drive. And since brown buttah is mah thing and I had a new bag of mini m&m, brown butter oat m&m cookies were made.
They were so good. Perfect size. Perfect texture. And chock a block full of m&ms and chocolate, a definite must in a cookie.
These cookies were fabulous, even at three o'clock in the morning. I won't lie this is great after the club snack 😉 This and a fresh quesadilla that is!
Check out this post on my Cookie Baking Tips
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
- 8oz ( 1 cup/ 2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, browned and set back to solidify
- 250 grams ( 2 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 100 grams (1 cup) Quick Oats
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 grams (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (¾ cup) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temp.
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temp.
- 1 cup mini m&ms
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan brown your butter. Let cool slightly then place in fridge or freezer until butter is back at a softened state. (See note)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with a silpat liner, if using.
- Whisk the flour, oats, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and sugars for a few minutes. Add in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated. Slowly add in dry ingredients, mixing until no flour streaks remain. Mix in M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 ½ tablespoon size cookies and bake for 9-12 minutes. Until cookies are golden brown around the edges but still look a little underdone in the middle. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
I personally brown butter in batches and keep some in fridge but if you can do it this way too.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: m&m oat cookie recipe, brown butter desserts