Brown butter starts this recipe off, filled with lots of oats, M&M's and chocolate chips they are the perfect cookie. Bite-size these Brown Butter M&M Oat Cookies are dangerous to have around!
- 8oz ( 1 cup/ 2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, browned and set back to solidify
- 250 Grams ( 2 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 100 Grams (1 cup) Quick Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 Grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 Grams (3/4 cup) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temp.
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temp.
- 1 cup mini m&ms
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan brown your butter. Let cool slightly then place in fridge or freezer until butter is back at a softened state. (See note)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with a silpat liner, if using.
- Whisk the flour, oats, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and sugars for a few minutes. Add in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated. Slowly add in dry ingredients, mixing until no flour streaks remain. Mix in M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tbsp size cookies and bake for 9-12 minutes. Until cookies are golden brown around the edges but still look a little underdone in the middle. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
I personally brown butter in batches and keep some in fridge but if you can do it this way too.
Keywords: m&m oat cookie recipe, brown butter desserts