I finally booked AUSTRALIA!! WOOO FREAKING HOOOO!!! Bondi Beach here I come and the Whitsundays, well we haven’t booked that little holiday within the big holiday but we are in the process. I am so excited to get away, I need a major break that is for sure. Work has been insane!!
This time two of my beautiful cousins are living in Australia so we are going to have a fun girly trip! I have already started researching Chocolate Tours of Sydney.. I mean come on!! Seriously, get in ma belly!! And Max Brenner!! Ugh how I love thee.
And to be honest Max Brenner in Vegas & NYC are shit compared to all the Max Brenners in Australia, and I went to many- anyone that we saw we visited. I am sure my cousin Lucy is thinking oh no they are coming again, I am going to have to spend so much time at Max Brenner. She hated it, but secretly I think she loved it. We would go in and order like 8 things for 3 of us. Ha it was fabulous!!!!! Waffles, ice cream, chocolate, strawberries, bananas, caramel, drinking chocolate… the list goes on.
I have one regret in life, and that was the first night we were in Australia we went to dinner but I had caught a 48 hour fever, sickness thingy so after dinner Lucy suggested going to Max Brenner and I turned it down, little did I know I would spend every single other day in Australia at Max Brenner. Lesson learned, DO NOT TURN DOWN A CHOCOLATE BAR!
Another thing I am excited about is the banana bread. Everyone eats banana bread for breakfast there. And toasted with buttah allll over it! Which is lovely cuz people in the States think I am a freak for slathering buttah all over my banana bread. But damn it is so good!! Oh I can imagine it now.
So naturally in order to get ready for Australia my diet is consisting of only Brown Butter Toffee Gooey Cake Bars. Healthiest thing around. HA! I wish. I went to TJS and bough salad and brussel sprouts and artichoke hearts. But on the real though, these bars. Everyone LOVED THEM! One guy at work said he liked them cuz they weren’t that sweet. He is straight trippin- they are sweet, but amazingly sweet. Like go make these now.
Ooey Gooey Brown Butter Bars
- 1 Box Yellow Butter Cake Mix
- 1 Stick Butter, browned
- 1 Egg
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X9 pan with foil and grease, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cake mix, brown butter and egg. Press into prepared pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for 2 minutes, add in eggs and vanilla extract beating until combined. Add in powdered sugar, beat until combined. Fold in heath bits. Pour batter on top of crust and bake for 40-45 minutes, you want the middle to be set but still a bit jiggly. Let cool completely before cutting.
Recipe Adapated From Tablespoon