Two vanilla beans make this cream brûlée the best tasting Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée you will ever have. The Best Creme Brulee Recipe is an easy, make-ahead dessert that will impress your guests.
Do you know what starts in two days?! The World Cup. I have been busy for months getting ready for it, hiring seasonal employees, training those employees, scheduling for all the crazy games, scheduling security, setting up specials with vendors, advertising.. the list goes on. But I cannot wait for it to start already. It feels like it has been coming for years, to be fair we did start planning for it last year. So you can imagine my excitement for Thursday to happen already!!
I am rooting for England & USA of course! And for business Mexico and Netherlands. We have die-hard fans that come to us to watch the games, the atmosphere during a final match is always spectacular. Although I do end up going home with all their chants stuck in my head. Damn football boys.
How do you make The Best Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee Recipe?
This recipe is rich, indulgent, get your yoga pants on cuz this one is IRRESISTIBLE! Look at ALL Those vanilla beans. Seriously! Seriously I die.
Can you make creme brulee in advance?
Of course, that is the beauty of this recipe! I often make the recipe the day before, up to the chilling in the fridge part. Then right before serving sprinkle on your sugar and torch the top!
Can you make crème brûlée without a torch?
Yes, I prefer using a kitchen torch but you can turn your broiler on and put the creme brulees right underneath the broiler and let cook for 2-3 minutes- watch it carefully as everyone’s oven is different and you don’t want the sugar completely burned black.
Tips and Tricks for making The Best Creme Brulee Recipe
- Use real vanilla beans, sorry vanilla extract does not work.
- When making the custard be patient.
- When you pour the hot cream into the egg mixture do it slowly, the slower the better. You do not want the eggs to cook or curdle.
- A water bath is necessary. I use a large roasting pan add the ramekins then pour the custard and finally add the hot water right before going into the oven. Be very careful you don’t want the water to splash into the custard.
- The Best Creme Brulee Recipe is a great make-ahead recipe. Perfect for your dinner party when you have a 1000 other things to worry about.
- You can take the leftover vanilla bean pod that was used to steep in the cream and add the pod to a bag of sugar to make vanilla sugar.
- When “burning” the creme brulee make sure you put the full 2 tbsp of sugar on top to ensure you have a nice crack when you break the creme brulee
Please let me know if you make The Best Creme Brulee Recipe by leaving a rating and review below!Print
Two vanilla beans make this cream brûlée the best tasting Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée you will ever have. The Best Creme Brulee Recipe is easy, make-ahead dessert that will impress your guests.
- Cut your vanilla beans open in half lengthwise then use the non-sharp side of a knife to scrape out the vanilla beans. In a thick bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat cook the heavy cream, vanilla beans and actual vanilla bean pods and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Stirring constantly, cook until mixture comes to a boil. Then take off heat and place lid on and let steep for 10 minutes.
- In a large roasting pan place 8 (7oz) ramekins inside and put the kettle on to boil and preheat oven to 325F/163C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and egg yolks until fully combined and much lighter in color, a pale yellow.
- Remove vanilla bean pods from the cream mixture and slowly pour the cream into the egg mixture with the whisk attachment on at the lowest speed. Take your time doing this so the eggs do not curdle. Once completely mixed pour the mixture evenly into ramekins. Pour boiling water from the kettle in the roasting pan, pour enough to come up halfway of the ramekins. Bake for 40-50 minutes, you want the center of the creme brulee’s to be set but a little bit jiggle. Take out of the oven and place the roasting pan on a wire rack. After five minutes remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and let cool for 1 hour on wire rack. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- When ready to serve sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar on top of each creme brulee swirling the ramekin so the sugar is spread evenly and using a kitchen torch, torch the top of the creme brulee until sugar has caramelized and hardened. Serve immediately.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
*You can use smaller ramekins you will just need to add more cooking time
Keywords: creme brulee recipe, french dessert recipes
Ever since I got over my STUPID fear of Creme Brûlée I cannot get enough…