This Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is irresistible, a little time and effort making this stunning cheesecake one that you will be proud to serve! A perfect birthday cake or Sunday night dinner! Easily made the day before this cheesecake lets you focus on the party!
Why is cheesecake so freaking good?! And why was I so lucky to make this gorgeous cheesecake, that no one in my house could resist by the way. I seriously outdid myself, well at least I thought so. When this cheesecake was in my fridge I couldn’t wait to get home, knowing it was waiting for me. Seriously THAT GOOD.
There were tons of vanilla beans in the cheesecake AND the crust. I won’t lie I made my crust a little too wet- I tend to have a heavy hand when I am adding butter to things- not my best quality. But I have adjusted the recipe accordingly. Not that a wetter crust was a bad thing in my eyes.
I also added some fresh lemon zest to the batter to give it a little something extra. You know like Elle Woods does in legally blonde. She sprays perfume on her notes, I mean seriously thats amazing.
You know what else is amazing? Hair Perfume. Yes, it’s a thing. I didn’t know either until recently and I just HAD TO HAVE IT!
I fell naughty when I use it because it is such an unnecessary purchase, but it was staring at me, I needed it. And it is in such a cute little bottle and did I mention its Viktor Rolf Flower Bomb, one of my all-time favvvvvvvv perfumes.
When I made the cheesecake I baked it in the afternoon, once it was baked- just a bit jiggly in the middle, I turned the oven off but let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour. Then I took the cheesecake out and wrapped it in foil and put it in the fridge overnight. If you are impatient like me make some cookies as well that day so you can control yourself from touching the cheesecake. TRUST ME on this one, it is worth the wait. And SUCH a showstopper dessert. Can’t wait to make another cheesecake!!
And the strawberry sauce with the creamy dreamy cheesecake?! I wish I had a slice right now!!!
Tips & Tricks for Baking a Perfect Cheesecake
As always I highly suggest you take these steps to make sure you have the best cheesecake possible
- Bake your cheesecake the day before
- Baking your cheesecake the day before means it has plenty of time to chill (very necessary) and it is already made so you can focus on other party planning things!
How do I make a cheesecake with no cracks?
- Do not overwhip the cheesecake, you do not want a ton of air bubbles. Air bubbles = cracks
- When you pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan tap the tin on the counter to release any air bubbles
- Bake the Cheesecake in a Springform Pan (affiliate link) for easy release when you serve it
- Do not open the oven doors when the cheesecake is baking you want all the hot air to stay in the oven-until you turn the oven off
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath
How do I make a water bath for cooking my cheesecake?
- Make a water bath to bake the cheesecake
- Let the cheesecake rest in the oven when baked
- When about the inner 2-inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour, I usually prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon for the last 20-30 minutes
- Cooling the cheesecake
- Take Cake Pan out of the Roasting pan and let Cheesecake cool further on a wire rack for one hour
- After the cheesecake has cooled wrap it in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or a minimum of 6 hours
What is the best way to serve my cheesecake with clean slices?
Best way to serve cheesecake?
- When cutting the cheesecake to serve always have a hot cloth nearby to wipe the knife clean after each cut
- When serving let the cheesecake sit for 5-10 minutes before serving
If you make this Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce please leave a review below!
Try some more exciting cheesecake recipes:
- Raspberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
- Chai Cheesecake Recipe
- Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- How to make a Blueberry Cheesecake
This Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is irresistible, a little time and effort make this stunning cheesecake one that you will be proud to serve!
- 1 12 oz package Golden Oreos, crushed
- 2oz (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean pod, scraped
- 2 lbs cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 300 Grams (1 1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6oz (3/4 cup) sour cream or greek yogurt
- 3 vanilla bean pods, scraped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen Strawberries
- 100 Grams (1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Golden Oreos butter and vanilla beans. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla beans, lemon zest and vanilla extract- mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat cook strawberries and granulated sugar. In a small bowl mix lemon juice and cornstarch together then pour into saucepan. Mix everything together and using a masher help break strawberries up, after 5 minutes of cooking take off of heat and pour into a food processor. Process strawberries until liquid. Pour sauce into a clean bowl to chill overnight in the fridge.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake, pour a few tablespoons or however much you like on top of each slice of cheesecake.
**Cheesecake is best served after it has sat at room temperature for 30 minutes**
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: classic cheesecake recipe, cheesecake with strawberry sauce recipe
Recipe Adapted From All Recipes