Why is cheesecake so freaking good?! And why was I so lucky to make this gorgeous cheesecake, that no one in my house could resist by the way. I seriously out did myself, well at least I thought so. When this cheesecake was in my fridge I couldn’t wait to get home, knowing it was waiting for me. Seriously THAT GOOD.
There was tons of vanilla beans in the cheesecake AND the crust. I won’t lie I made my crust a little too wet- I tend to have a heavy hand when I am adding butter to things- not my best quality. But I have adjusted the recipe accordingly. Not that a wetter crust was a bad thing in my eyes.
I also added some fresh lemon zest to the batter to give it a little something extra. You know like Elle Woods does in legally blonde. She spray perfume on her notes, I mean seriously thats amazing.
You know what else is amazing? Hair perfume. Yes, it’s a thing. I didn’t know either until recently and I just HAD TO HAVE IT!
I fell naughty when I use it because it is such an unnecessary purchase, but it was starring at me, I needed it. And it is in such a cute little bottle and did I mention its Viktor Rolf Flower Bomb, one of my all time favvvvvvvv perfumes.
When I made the cheesecake I baked it in the afternoon, once it was baked- just a big jiggly in the middle, I turned the oven off but let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour. Then I took the cheesecake out and wrapped it in foil and put it in the fridge over night. If you are impatient like me make some cookies as well that day so you can control yourself from touching the cheesecake. TRUST ME on this one, it is worth the wait. And SUCH a show stopper dessert. Can’t wait to make another cheesecake!!
And the strawberry sauce with the creamy dreamy cheesecake?! I wish I had a slice right now!!!Print
This Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is irresistible, a little time and effort make this stunning cheesecake one that you will be proud to serve!
- 1 12 oz package Golden Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean pod, scarped
- 2 lbs cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 3 vanilla bean pods, scraped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Golden Oreos butter and vanilla beans. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add in heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla beans, lemon zest and vanilla extract- mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9 inch springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water half way up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in fridge over night.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat cook strawberries and granulated sugar. In a small bowl mix lemon juice and cornstarch together then pour into saucepan. Mix everything together and using a masher help break strawberries up, after 5 minutes of cooking take off of heat and pour into a food processor. Process strawberries until liquid. Pour sauce in a clean bowl to chill overnight in the fridge.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake, pour a few tablespoons or however much you like on top of each slice of cheesecake.
**Cheesecake is best served after it has sat at room temperature for 30 minutes**
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Recipe Adapted From All Recipes