Blueberry Cheesecake has a graham cracker and pecan crust filled with luscious vanilla and lemon cheesecake filling. Topped with a gorgeous Homemade Blueberry Topping and finished with fresh whipped cream. This beautiful cake is perfect for your next party or birthday cake!
The first time I had cheesecake was probably when I was around 10 and my mother made a blueberry cheesecake. I can still visually see it sitting in the fridge. And remember sneaking as many bites as I possibly could. Something about the cooked blueberries against the creamy dreamy cheesecake.
I don't know why it's taken me this long to indulge in this childhood favorite.
As my mother said the cheesecake is so light. And against the blueberry sauce and fresh whipped cream, it truly is like heaven in your mouth.
📖 How do you make cheesecake?
To create that light creamy texture I add greek yogurt or sour cream and heavy cream. Since I wanted the Blueberries to shine I kept the cheesecake simple with lemon zest but amped up the vanilla with vanilla beans and vanilla extract
The crust is made of graham crackers and finely chopped pecans, dreamy! While some people aren't bothered about the crust, I love the crust so I always make a large amount of crust so it can be packed in thick and tall.
IF you love pecan flavor try my Pecan Pie Cheesecake, next!
✅ Tips & Tricks for Baking a Perfect Cheesecake
As always I highly suggest you take these steps to make sure you have the best cheesecake possible
- Bake your cheesecake the day before
- Baking your cheesecake the day before means it has plenty of time to chill (very necessary) and it is already made so you can focus on other party planning things!
How do I make a cheesecake with no cracks?
- Do not overwhip the cheesecake, you do not want a ton of air bubbles. Air bubbles = cracks
- When you pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan tap the tin on the counter to release any air bubbles
- Bake the Cheesecake in a Springform Pan for easy release when you serve it
- Do not open the oven doors when the cheesecake is baking you want all the hot air to stay in the oven-until you turn the oven off
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath
💧 How to make a water bath
- Make a water bath to bake the cheesecake
- Let the cheesecake rest in the oven when baked
- When about the inner 2-inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour, I usually prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon for the last 20-30 minutes
- Cooling the cheesecake
- Take Cake Pan out of the roasting pan and let Cheesecake cool further on a wire rack for one hour
- After the cheesecake has cooled wrap it in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or a minimum of 6 hours
What is the best way to serve my cheesecake with clean slices?
Best way to serve cheesecake?
- When cutting the cheesecake to serve always have a hot cloth nearby to wipe the knife clean after each cut
- When serving let the cheesecake sit for 5-10 minutes before serving
Enjoy this Blueberry Cheesecake! Next make my blueberry pie recipe!
★★★★★ Please let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a star rating and comment below!Print
Blueberry Cheesecake has a graham cracker and pecan crust filled with a luscious vanilla and lemon cheesecake filling. Topped with a gorgeous Homemade Blueberry Topping and finished with fresh whipped cream. This beautiful cake is perfect for your next party or birthday cake!
- 8oz Graham Cracker
- 3oz Pecans
- 4 oz Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 675 Grams (24oz) Cream Cheese, very soft at room temp.
- 220 Grams (1 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 139 Grams (½ heaping cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 77 Grams (⅓ Cup) Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods (cut in half and the caviar extracted with a knife)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 270 Grams (2 Cups) Blueberries
- 1 Lemons Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 Lemons Juice
- 8.4 ounces (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 325F. In a food processor, crush the pecans till they become a lumpy flour then add the graham crackers mixing until a fine crumb. Add melted butter and press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, vanilla bean caviar and lemon zest mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat cook blueberries and granulated sugar and lemon zest. In a small bowl mix lemon juice and cornstarch together then pour into saucepan. Mix everything together, after 5 minutes of cooking take off of heat and pour into a container, store in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to serve Cheesecake, take your bowl and whisk attachment to the mixer chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When ready whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add a splash of vanilla and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Then pour the cooled blueberry sauce in the middle of the cheesecake. To serve use a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake. Store in fridge.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: blueberry topping, cheesecake for a party