- 150 Grams (1 1/2 Cups) Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3.5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 32oz (2 lbs) Cream Cheese, completely softened to room temperature
- 300 grams (1 1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream or Double Cream
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 Vanilla Bean Pod, scraped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Eggs + 2 Large Egg Yolks, at room temperature
- Optional: Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Optional Strawberry Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups Frozen Strawberries
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9-inch springform pan then set aside.
- In a small bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Once evenly combined add melted butter to crumbs. Mix until a wet sand texture is formed. Press into the bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Bake for 5-8 minutes to set the crust. Let cool on a wire rack and reduce oven temperature to 300F/ 149C.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer beat the cream cheese for 3 minutes at low speed. It should be smooth with no lumps. Add the granulated sugar and beat for another 2 minutes on low speed. Add the heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla beans, lemon zest, and vanilla extract- mixing until fully combined. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is evenly combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes, the middle 2 inches of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. I like to use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature is 140-145F- but be careful when you poke as if you are not covering the top in whipped cream you will see the mark.
- Turn the oven off and open the door so it is cracked open, let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and cool on a wire rack for another hour. Then wrap cheesecake with plastic wrap. Let chill in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat cook strawberries and granulated sugar. In a small bowl mix lemon juice and cornstarch together then pour into saucepan. Mix everything together and using a masher help break strawberries up, after 5 minutes of cooking take off of heat and pour into a food processor. Process strawberries until liquid. Pour sauce into a clean bowl to chill overnight in the fridge.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake, pour a few tablespoons, or however much you like on top of each slice of cheesecake. Garnish cheesecake with fresh whipped cream or fresh berries.
**Cheesecake is best served after it has sat at room temperature for 30 minutes** *Total Time includes Chill Time
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: classic cheesecake recipe, cheesecake with strawberry sauce recipe