Oreo Crust, Chocolate Cheesecake, Fresh Whipped Cream, and Salted Caramel make these Cheesecake Bars extra special. Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bars will be your next party dessert!
I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week, like as in a week from today!! Insane!!! I’ve got hours and hours ahead of me of Christmas Decorating at work. We spend Thanksgiving day decorating one location and the rest of the week (before and after Thanksgiving) decorating the other location. Both pubs are OBNoXIOUSLY decorated every nook and cranny is filled with something Christmas-y I absolutely LOOOOVE IT!! Although, I am not on the waitressing floor that often now I will still make sure to wear my reindeer headpiece, snowflake earrings, holly broch, Santa broch, red and green flowers in my bun and of course my bright red apron! I like to go scream Christmas!!! It’s the best time of the year!
But by the time we are done decorating at work we are so tired of decorating it takes us a few weeks to get in the mood to decorate at home.
BTW every single day I dream about all the food at Thanksgiving. CARB LIFE BABY!!! WOOO HOOOOOO I think my family is getting annoyed with me because I bring Thanksgiving up every day. I will probably make some Cream Cheese Stuffed Monkey bread on Thanksgiving to take in for all those decorating. And we have a staff meeting on Saturday morning and two of my staff members (1 my sister) said they would not be attending unless I made monkey bread of bagel bombs. So it looks like monkey bread is in my future, not a bad thing!!
I will also have cheesecake in my future, preferably this cheesecake. It only lasted a short while in my life. It was snatched up too quickly.
Funny story, I made this last Wednesday and that night I also happened to be training my sister at work. I bought the cheesecake in to share with my co-workers. My friend/co-worker Candra tried it and loved it, and she isn’t a dessert person so I took that as a nice compliment. Then my sister walked by and said to Candra “Oh, is it worth eating?” because Lydia is so damn picky she wasn’t even going to try the Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bars but Candra said how delicious they were. Lydia took a bite, Lydia feels in love with these bars. And I won’t lie I fell in love with them too. But how picky is my sister, she wasn’t even going to try them!! SOOOO RUDE!
I hope you let Lydia’s story encourage you to make the Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bars because they really are one of my most favorite cheesecake desserts EVER! Oreo cookie crust, dreamy chocolate cheesecake, salted caramel, homemade whipped cream and more salted caramel… baby you know you love it!!
Please let me know if you make these Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bars by leaving a review below!Print
Oreo Crust, Chocolate Cheesecake, Fresh Whipped Cream and Salted Caramel make these Cheesecake Bars extra special. Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bars will be your next party dessert!
- 24 Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 –8 oz packages cream cheese, softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- 50 Grams (1/2 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8oz (1/2 cup) Sweetened Condensed Milk
Whipped Cream Topping
- 16oz (2 cups) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 4oz (1/2 cup) salted caramel
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X9 pan with foil and grease it heavily, including up the sides.
- In a food processor crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. In a small bowl combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter. Once combined press into prepared pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese for two minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder and granulated sugar and mix for another 2 minutes, make sure to scrape sides of the bowl so all is incorporated evenly.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and then vanilla and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour on top of prepared crust and bake for 33-38 minutes or until center stops giggling. Set on wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes, then place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours or do 40 minutes in fridge and 30 in the freezer.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Once chilled, whip heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup salted caramel on top of cheesecake layer, then place whipped cream and drizzle more salted caramel. Store in fridge.
*total time includes chill time, or chill overnight
Keywords: dessert, bars, cheesecake, caramel chocolate, fresh whipped cream, oreo crust, party dessert