Easy and quick to make this homemade granola is made with lots of spices, pecans, walnuts and of course oats. A fresh banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and a bit of brown sugar help sweeten and bind the granola together. Enjoy this crunchy treat over yogurt, ice cream or grab a handful for a great snack!
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Coconut Oil, melted
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 201 Grams (2 cups or 7oz) Rolled Oats
- 107 Grams (1 cup or 3.5oz) Quick Oats
- 102 Grams (1 cup or 3.5oz) Walnuts
- 94 Grams (1 cup or 3.25oz) Pecans
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a half sheet size baking pan with a Silpat liner, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and brown sugar.
- In another bowl combine rolled oats, quick oats, walnuts, pecans, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and allspice until fully combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until all of the dry ingredients are coated. Pour into prepared pan and use a spatula to pat the granola mixture tight down into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes then rotate the pan bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Break into chunks and store in an airtight container.
Keywords: homemade granola recipe, banana nut recipes